Topic: Strange GL postings 2.3RC1

2.3RC version.

Entered Supplier invoice.. everything seemed correct.
Pressed enter, and now when do an invoice inquiry, it shows as 70.00 to rent(correct) and 3.50 to sales tax (correct) a sub-total of 73.50 (correct) then it adds a 5% (default sales tax) of 3.50 (which would be correct on 70.00 and comes up with a Total Invoice of 3.50 (incorrect).

Now, when we to the trial balance, and pull up the transaction, it shows the following:
                            DR              CR
Accounts Payable                    3.50
Rent                        70.00
Sales Tax                   3.50
Foreign Exchange Gain          70.00

How did the Foreign Exchange Gain account get into the mix??? I checked the System and General GL Setup, and there is nothing strange there, in fact, I had left it as the default installed.

Seems this may be a bug.

Re: Strange GL postings 2.3RC1

You have run into a bug in 2.3RC. Please look at this topic:

/Joe

We still have a problem.

Now, when I open to enter a Supplier Invoice, it appears that I am entering a CREDIT NOTE. I will upload screen shot into Mantis.

I cannot reproduce this error. Please try the new release 2.3 rc2 that we are releasing later today. Something seems to be out of sync.

Please report after trying the new release.

/Joe

Hi

I am on the same problem for 2.3.1 how do i resolve this?

6 (edited by Digger 04/13/2011 03:06:26 pm)

Hi Folks,

I am also getting the VAT posted to Foreign Exchange Gain/Loss. It seems to have started happening for us with release 2.3.1, but we are still getting it in 2.3.3. It only to happens to suppliers that we have set up as tax included, and it only happens to "Purchased" items, not "Service" items. If we book the PO, GRN and Invoice for a mixed order of Purchased and Service items, the tax is correct on the

Maybe I have some other setup wrong, but I can't find anything. Please let me know if I can provide any further information or do any testing to try and hunt down the problem. Here are the entries made to the GL when we buy one Purchased Product for $100 and one Service Product for $100 on the same PO:

23130     Accounts Payable                                      200.00    
13710     Stocks of Automotive Products     100.00        
55190     Default COGS Account           86.96        
23530     VAT Control                                     26.08        
75350     Foreign Exchange Gain/Loss                           13.04    
Total         213.04     213.04

Thanks for all your help!

Yes, there are something strange here. I will have a look.

/Joe

This bug has been fixed. Two affected files: /purchasing/includes/db/grn_db.inc and /purchasing/includes/db/invoice_db.inc.

The files can be downloaded at Mantis, http://mantis.frontaccounting.com, bug report [0000714].

/Joe