Topic: Dutch translation of 2.3 RC3

Hi,

I just installed frontaccounting 2.3 RC3 and added the NL_nl translation to it. That translation is somewhat incomplete, but what's really annoying is the fact that some quite a few string are actually plain wrong. It looks like the wrong strings are picked up somewhere along the line, perhaps some import/convert process went wrong?

Or am I being to eager here, are the translations supposed to be correct for RC3?

Re: Dutch translation of 2.3 RC3

nl_NL translation was made long time ago and automatically imported to 2.3 version, so there can be some mistakes. If you wish contribute some effort  to FA project you can edit nl_NL.po file and send us the result, than we can provide it for all user via FrontAccounting  repository.
Thanks in advance
Janusz

Hi,

I have installed FA just 2 weeks ago and it works wonderfull. I'm currently busy with updating the nl_NL language file (from belgium translation +/- 50% to dutch translation) and it's almost finished (95%). I expect finalizing within a week.

But i still have some questions left:

- how can I change the version number in the package details to 2.3.2 ?
- how can i change my contact details as listed in the package details?
- how can I share this language file with other users or how can it be included as a default language in next FA versions?

Thnx.

All the meta information about language pack is included in 'config' file in the followng format:

Package: xx_XX
Version: 2.3.2-1
Description: Swahili translation
Author: Author Name <author@example.com>
Maintenance: Author Name <author@example.com>
Homepage: example.net
Language: xx_XX
Encoding: iso-8859-1
RTLDir: no
Type: language
Name: Swahili
InstallPath: lang/ss_XX

You can send it together with translation files to contributions address found on 'Contact us' page.
Thank you very much in advance.
Janusz

Seems like the nl_NL.mo file has dissapeared from the ./lang/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES dir. In the us_US dir there is the .po AND .mo file. But not in the nl_NL dir for iso_8859-1.

Had to change the iso to ISO in the filenames to make it work on my system (Mandriva based)

Still strange:
When I choose any screen it may come up in dutch OR English. It's not consistent, but when I click the same link for the second or third time the right language will come up..
This happens in the menu's and in the programming itself.

Jan Willem Bosch

cool JWBosch Techniek cool
-- Work - Frontaccounting - terrace --

The problem with nl_NL package (missing *.mo file) will be fixed after 2.3.3 release, which is planned today.

I just submitted an updated dutch translated language package (2.3.9) to the e-mail adres listed at the contact us page.

Thanks, hopefully Janusz will update the repository asap.

/Joe

@ Erwin: Great work ! I'll try it as soon as it appears online.
At the moment I'm having huge problems with enormous sess*-files in the '/tmp'-folder (like hunderds of files from 4 tot 16 MB !!). It seems to be coming from a (outdated) language-file, both Dutch als Belgium.

Any idea if this 'bug' is solved in your version ?

Today I've started on a fresh 2.3.9 installation. Too bad your language-file is not yet in the repository (still v2.3.0-3)
Are you willing to email me your translation ? That will be great !

More about the huge session-files can be found here https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2223

The nl_NL translation just has been updated in repo. Thanks.
Janusz

Thnx for updating the file repository.

I will keep on updating the translation file, so everybody please report translation bugs/mistakes here, so we are able to make a better language file which must be perfect at the end smile

@sledge: the huge temporary file problem looks very strange, but i think the translation file itself cannot be the problem. It must have another reason...

sledge,
Please look at your mailbox. You should receive patched file which solving the big session files problem.
Please test it and report whether the patch works for you or not.
Janusz

14 (edited by Quoreposit 01/17/2012 09:53:34 pm)

So where's the repository, searched on the forum and sourceforge and couldn't find it.
I have wamp installed, I installed through the english installation, added belgian and dutch (these are the old files), but if you put that on standard in the admin panel, it won't start anymore.
mysql 5.5.16 php 5.3.8

It is actually idiotic that have to calculate each time you post. I really thought computers were made to calculate, so would bots.

go to the setup tab and to create/install languages.

Just click on the download icon after the dutch language. If it doen't work, delete the dutch language in that screen and press the download icon again.

itronics wrote:

sledge,
Please look at your mailbox. You should receive patched file which solving the big session files problem.
Please test it and report whether the patch works for you or not.
Janusz

Janusz, I did ... and replied in this topic https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2223

17 (edited by sledge 01/20/2012 10:48:08 am)

There are some bugs in the translation php-file.
If the po-file says              Original 'text' | Originele 'tekst'
The according PHP line ends up like           'Original \'text\'' ==> 'Orginele \'
Wich will corrupt the following lines.

I've manual corrected the PHP file.

Besides of that .... the best FA-translation I've seen so far, kuddo's big time for Erwindebruin.

I know there is a bug in the PO-file... when editing in POedit it's shows an error by saving the file. But i can't find the line number where the error is. Can you tell me on which line / word the error occurs?

I found some other grammatical or translation mistakes and I am busy updating the translation file all the time. It's a continously proces smile

First of all, I think it's still a great translation, although I did see a 'typo'. This translation makes sense in a accounting way of speaking. It's not a nonsense dictionary translation. Great job !!

About the php-file (I do use PoEdit, but couldn't find a way to create a new PHP file)

First thing I did is deleting lines 3-9. Because of the sess*-files bug, these lines are making the sess*-files not just big, but huge

'' => 'Seems that system upgrade to version 2.1 has 
\t\t\tbeen performed for this company already.<br> If something has gone 
\t\t\twrong and you want to retry upgrade process you MUST perform 
\t\t\tdatabase restore from last backup file first.Het lijkt erop dat de system update naar versie 2.1 al 
is uitgevoerd voor deze administratie.<br>Als er iets mis is gegaan 
\t\ten u wilt het opnieuw proberen dan MOET 
eerst een database restore uitvoeren van de laatst werkende versie.',

Next error is line 75

'Login timeout must be positive number not less than 10.' => 'De \', 

Next error is line 450

'The Retained Earnings Account or the Profit and Loss Year Account has not been set in System and General GL Setup' => 'De rekening voor onverdeelde winst voorgaand boekjaar en/of winst huidig boekjaar is niet ingesteld in het menu \', 

Next error is line 743

'You can edit directly only journal entries created via Journal Entry page.' => 'U kunt alleen de journaalposten wijzigen die zijn aangemaakt via het scherm \', 

Next error is line 1070

'Deleting GRN items during invoice entry' => 'Verwijder regel \', 

Next error is line 1261

'In case of no gettext support, php emulation is used' => 'In geval \', 

Next error is line 1281

'\'%s\' file should be read-only' => '\'%s\' bestand moet \', 

Next error is line 1283

'\'%s\' file should be read-only if you do not plan to add or change companies' => '\'%s\' bestand moet \', 

The final error is line 2824

'Enter Valid until Date' => 'Geef een geldige \', 

thnx sledge, i have found and corrected the corrupt lines in de po file. When saving the file now in POedit, the error disappeared smile

Everytime i'm using FA I discover new typo's. As I said, it's a ongoing process... after the next minor/major release i will send in an updated translation file.

Great work !!

I'll wait for your next release (please give a shout here, so I know it's coming).
But I have no trouble at all if you spam my mailbox with prerelease versions wink

Mike

Hello guys,

Thanks for the informations you have posted. I have fixed a bug in /includes/lang/gettext.php file. This caused a bail out if you used double quotations in the translations when Native Gettext was NOT installed. This also created huge session files that were left after logout.
After fixing the bug, the sessions files are deleted or zeroed out, so it does not make any harm more.
The fix is coming in the next release, but if you want to fix it now, you can insert the following line in
/includes/lang/gettext.php:

line 477. Insert the following code as the first line in function _parse_line:

$line = str_replace("\\\"", "'", $line);

This should fix the mess.

/Joe

Tnx for your help Joe,

Unfortunately "this should fix the mess" .... nope.
I added your line into the gettext.php, cleared cookies, cleared cached, logged in, browsed only a few tabs, watched my sess*-files and there was one of 18 MB and one of 35 MB and a few small ones. After logging out, only the 35 mb was deleted, the small ones and the 18MB were still there.

sad

ps. @ Joe: Maybe you wanna take a look here : https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=2223 before you and Janusz are working on the same thing, without knowing.

This is very strange. Janusz doesn't have the option to comment out the gettext native, so therefore he is not able to test the problems. I can simulate the Windows OS version with the gettext NOT installed to test the session left over.

After running the Dutch translation a while I have no left over session files. A couple was set to zero size though.

If you look in your error.log file (probably in the tmp folder in FA root, did you see a message:

[25-Jan-2012 13:12:14] 0::logout.php:47: session_destroy() [<a href='function.session-destroy'>function.session-destroy</a>]: Session object destruction failed

Of course with another date/time stamp. It should appear at the end. If you get such an error, there is a reason for the left over and we can start examine this error.

Also please tell us your version of PHP. There are some session_destroy() bugs in version 5.1.2.

/Joe

And please look for other errors in the error.log for the time of running.

Please also rename the .php file in /lang/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES. FA will then create a new php file.

I really hope we will fix this problem. You are one of them that can help.

/Joe