Topic: Upgrading FA 2.2.10 to FA 2.3 (latest)

Hello,
I'm trying to upgrade Front Account from 2.2.10 to 2.3 on a Debian arch install. Debian supports the 2.2.10 version, but I want to have the latest stable release.

during upgrading I encouterd a few problems:

-> after the source files where copied  i couldn't login FA anymore.
    I used phpmysql to set the database to the standards using EN_US-new.sql
    Now i can login and restore the DB in FA.

After restoring the DB the version indicated by FA is still 2.2.10.

Do I miss something?

Jan Willem Bosch

cool JWBosch Techniek cool
-- Work - Frontaccounting - terrace --

Re: Upgrading FA 2.2.10 to FA 2.3 (latest)

Displayed application version is set in config.php, which is not updated during install. Read update.html.
Janusz

Thanks for your answer Janusz,

The problem is solved, although i still have problems with my language settings. I translated the nl_NL PO file and manually loaded it, but it still shows the crappy dutch in the system. I've set the system locale to iso so i can print pdf-files. but now my X system is English instead of dutch (Although kde applications are still in dutch)

For now i choose the nl_BE Belgium settings, because that's 100% translated and not full of errors.

Delete the complete nl_NL from your site. It's completely useless, because the conversion between versions appantly went wrong and contains sentences in german (for every delete-action)

Maybe I reverse the system locale to UTF-8 and install the extra fonts for the PDF thingy to solve my problem with my distribution.

Jan Willem Bosch

I don't know what is the problem with nl_NL translation on your box, but maybe the best way to solve it, would be to put your work in FA repo instead of current crappy version?

If you have  properly installed FA language package and your system supports nl_NL locales with encoding you have used in po file, all should work from the box - without changing system locales.

Janusz

Hello Itronics,

What went wrong:
after upgrading i only had unsupported languages (Had to unhide them. I selected the nl_NL file in the list, which was horrible. so I installed the .po file i translated myself. But because the original nl_NL was enabled it didn't do anything. After disabling the language supported by FA and reinstalling the .po file it finally works.

I finally did install the extra font for PDF support in FA to get everything to work on my system.

Now, how to upload the translation i made to you? it is an nl_NL.utf8 translation.
It may not be perfect, but at least a whole lot better than the translation you are offering now in FA.

with regards,

Jan Willem Bosch

Please send it to the address found on our Contact Us page.
Thank you in advance.

Janusz