1 (edited by t2webby 07/18/2008 07:37:40 pm)

Topic: Supplier Invoice GL items should be taxed?

Here's the scenario. I have a supplier who I purchase inventory from and I have a supplier/vendor who I pay my bills. Each require an invoice created so that it goes into the payable to which a payment is later done.

I have a vendor/supplier called Phone Company with a payable account of Accounts Payable and purchase account : 5067 Phone Company, and discount account: 5067 Phone Company. The vendor also charges GST (5%) and PST (5%). So naturally a group tax is chosen for this.

When I create an invoice for this Phone Company, I basically just by pass the Received Items Charged on this Invoice section since it's not applicable, and go straight to the GL items for this invoice and choose the 5067 Phone Company (which is an expense account) and put the amount that is on the invoice. The only problem is after going back to the supplier invoice entry section. the Group tax is not applied to the subtotal of the phone company GL line.

Not sure if this is an oversight or is there a reason behind why Tax would not be applied here.

Re: Supplier Invoice GL items should be taxed?

When entering GL Lines the tax has to be entered as a GL Line too.
FA has, though, been prepared for the automatic entry. Every account has a tax code field, so it would be possible to automatically enter the tax line if a tax code is here.
This is for future implementation.

/Joe

Re: Supplier Invoice GL items should be taxed?

Yah I notice it was part of the account set up. For future implementation, would be good to make it tax group instead of tax type? Since an account could have multiple combinations of Taxes.