Topic: How to change system date and time

Dear Sir,

I found that system date and time is not match with local time.
I installed FA in my hosting server and it seems that system date and time is follow the hosting server.

How to change the system date/time so same as local time.

Thank you.
Ken Surya.

Re: How to change system date and time

You can get the timezone printed after the date on the reports by marking the checkbox for that in Company Setup.
We can not change it in the core, due to users on the same company in several timezones.

/Joe

3 (edited by jori 12/28/2010 07:00:03 pm)

Joe As I understand from your answer it's not possible to set server time to local, correct? I've FA on my laptop running IIS7.5 on Windows 7 x64, and FA system time is 3 hours behind. I put checkbox in company setup and it shows +0100 GMT on reports, I'm +0400 GMT, how to change earlier to the later?

I know there are some problems with daylight zones forth and back. I am not sure how to solve this in Windows. Maybe somebody in the community can help us.

/Joe

Try to change date.timezone in apache related php.ini file to 'Asia/Tbilisi'.
Janusz

6 (edited by jori 12/29/2010 04:31:30 pm)

Janusz

I did what you suggest but it does not help.

Keep in mind thee is a couple of php.ini files, each related to another SAPI (apache, CLI etc). If unsure or you have not full access to php.ini configuration you can also set timezone with ini_set function call in config.php. See in config.default.php file how it is done in case of lack of system timezone setting.
Janusz

This should be easy if your branches or the companies are across the same timezone.  Going to php.in (or, php5.ini) should help you.

In one of these files (php.ini or php5.ini), find this line that refers to the timezone.
date.timezone = (and default value of your server time zone)

Change this above line to your respective timezone like
date.timezone = Asia/Bangkok

Remember, you can find your timezone and replace Asia/Bangkok with your timezone.

Hope this helps all those looking for a similar problem.

Good Luck!
Jan_JBB

You can also laborate with these lines (24-26) in config.php file:

if (!ini_get('date.timezone'))
       ini_set('date.timezone', 'Europe/Berlin');

/Joe

TimeZone Setting for MySQL server may also be an issue if timestamp fields are used. datetime fields set purely using php should be managed in php.ini / config.php setting of php timezone variable. Mysql time computation with NOW() or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP may also be an issue if used in FA.