Topic: Simple shopping cart implementation

Hi there,

I'm new to FA but it looks excellent.

Is anybody working on a simple client login shopping cart / ecommerce module or core feature?

Initially just the ability for existing customers to login and see inventory, place orders into the system, then be emailed an invoice with payment instructions on it would be ideal for our use.

Great work!

Gwilym

Re: Simple shopping cart implementation

Hello Gwilyn

I have been thinking about this as well.  Tom, one of our users, has a module for Importing Customers and Orders from osCommerce (https://frontaccounting.com/wbt/modules/download_gallery/dlc.php?file=132). It has been downloaded almost 900 times, that should say something. This is a good start.

But like you I need to push data the other way. I would like to have a module for OSC that would push:  Item Code, Name, Description, Category, Item Tax Type, Image File (.jpg), Retail Price, and more. Qty and Locations will be more work...

If you and others are interested we can start a new thread over in Modules and work on this.  I can put in a little dev money.

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Re: Simple shopping cart implementation

Hi Alvin,

Just spotted your reply - hope you had a good Christmas :-)

Musing: I was kinda thinking that a stand alone class that used the data from FA to create it's own simplified cart might be useful, as opposed to integration with an existing Oscommerce/Virtuemart/Prestashop. But I guess we don't have enough info in FA yet to do it, shipping tables etc missing.

Do you think, looking forward, the ecommerce side of a business should talk directly into the FA database or do you think having them firewalled (separate DB's) is a requirement?