Topic: installation freezes up

Hi,

I'm trying to install FA for the first time. I'm installing on an apache server.
I't goes well until I choose a language, then I get a blue screen. It has to do with the filling in of lang/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES/nl_NL.po and .mo
That's exactly the point where the installationproces stops.
The directories are writable, but there's an error about the ownership of the directory.

When I only choose english it does install, but I get lots of errors on the pages:

putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANG' - it's not in the allowed list in file: /home/xxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.nl/public_html/fa/includes/lang/gettext.php at line 71
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LC_ALL' - it's not in the allowed list in file: /home/xxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.nl/public_html/fa/includes/lang/gettext.php at line 72
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
putenv() [function.putenv]: Safe Mode warning: Cannot set environment variable 'LANGUAGE' - it's not in the allowed list in file: /home/xxxxxxx/domainsxxxxxxx.nl/public_html/fa/includes/lang/gettext.php at line 73
curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: Unable to access cookie.txt in file: /home/xxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.nl/public_html/fa/gl/includes/db/gl_db_rates.inc at line 112
curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in file: /home/xxxxxxx/domains/xxxxxxx.nl/public_html/fa/gl/includes/db/gl_db_rates.inc at line 115

I do not know what to do now. I am thinking about installing FA locally with WAMP or XAMPP and then copy the language-files to the apache server, but I don't think that will help me get rid of the error mesages.

I need help :-)))

Regards, Frank.

Re: installation freezes up

I installed it on my local PC with xampp and get exactly the same. Installation stops and shows a blue schreen with just one white line at the top.

The error messages  are because of some weird server setup. Not allowing to use putenv() is a little paranoid. If you want to know more about the problem with white screen on you box, set go_debug to 1 in config.php, tehn error reporting is switched on.
Janusz

Hi, I just did that on the local XAMPP and I get this message:

Call to undefined function hook_invoke() in C:\Programs\xampp\htdocs\fa\includes\packages.inc on line 75

Cheers, Frank.

Hi Frank,
I couldn't find the problem on my linux box, but Joe (who use Win) just have solved the problem. Please supersede the inlcudes/packages.inc file with the one downloaded from our CVS, or place following line just after remote_url.in inclusion in packages.inc.:

include_once($path_to_root."/includes/hooks.inc");

Or do not install any additional packages in wizard:  you can do it later after installation.

Janusz

Thanks Janusz,

I still got some errors, but I ignored them and the installation did finish.

I can start the application without problems now, but it says the language set is Dutch (nl_NL), but it shows all texts in English.
The .po and .mo files are created in lang/nl_NL/LC_MESSAGES but they are not active.

I created a new user (frank) and choose Dutch as the language setting, but it's still in English.

This is the contents of instales_languages.inc:

$installed_languages = array (
  0 =>
  array (
    'code' => 'C',
    'name' => 'English',
    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
  ),
  1 =>
  array (
    'name' => 'Dutch (Netherlands)',
    'package' => 'nl_NL',
    'code' => 'nl_NL',
    'encoding' => 'iso-8859-1',
    'version' => '2.3.0-1',
    'path' => 'lang/nl_NL',
  ),
);

$dflt_lang = 'nl_NL';

I changed the language for 'frank' to nl_BE. The languagefiles were properly installed in lang/nl_BE, but the shown language remains English.

I hope you can help me solve this too :-)

Thanks!
Frank.

Look into Setup/System Diagnostics page to know whether your server supports nl_BE locale or not.
Janusz