Topic: Voiding Transactions

As an example ...

If I post a vendor's invoice on November 1st ... I publish my November financials ... then in December I determine the invoice was a mistake.  I void the invoice and indicate a date of December 15th, I would expect the entry to be reversed on December 15th.  Instead, the entry just disappears.

For audit trail purposes, even if the reversal is within the same month, the original entry shouldn't disappear, the original should show and the reversal should show.

Just my opinion from an accounting management point of view.

Re: Voiding Transactions

Cannot make work order void, following message appears

DATABASE ERROR : Cannot void a wo production
error code : 1064
error message : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
sql that failed was : UPDATE 1_wo_manufacture SET quantity=0 WHERE id=

Any solution?

Thx
Teleconsult

I cannot reproduce this error in 2.3.2. Which version of MySQL are you using?

/Joe

4 (edited by LUTi 04/06/2011 07:32:20 am)

rmartino0913,

I guess voiding a transaction means more or less to just delete it.

What you need is a transaction reversal, what would be "the right way" (in particular for a traditional / old-fashioned accountant) to handle mistakes. And, sometimes the only possible / allowed option (in case of stock / inventory and changing purchase prices).

It would be generally great to have an option to use any already posted transaction as a template for a new transaction. This way it would be relatively quick and easy to:
1. Enter a reversed transaction (just editing quantities or amounts to negative before posting)
2. Add a new (correct) transaction (just editing the wrong item before posting)

I am missing a comfortable way to handle vendor invoice mistakes in the first place (where can be quite a nubmer of lines / data, which have to be typed in again and again, with a possibility of new mistakes, now...).