Topic: Sales Order -> Manufacturing

I'm already using FA for one business that deals with manufactured goods, however the work orders are handled in a separate system. I'm thinking about using FA for a second company and doing the manufacturing in FA.

Already I see a couple of things I would like to change and I'd like some feedback before I start mucking about in the code!

The company prepares and delivers food (catering). Here is the workflow:

Sales Order is placed for items that need to be prepared, thus are not in stock.
From the line items on the sales order Work Orders are required.

Should there be multiple items on a Work Order?
I'm not convinced this is necessary and may cause complications. On the other hand the pattern of Work Order against Sales Order (just like Delivery against Sales Order) could be used if a Work Order did have multiple lines.

Assuming the current situation of one item per work order; I'm thinking about a check box on the line items in the sales_order_entry grid that would cause automatic creation of the work orders for checked items when the order is placed or updated.
Alternative is a button on the line items in view_sales_order.php although this is not the UI model throughout the system.
What about adding a button to each line in stock_status.php? This would have the effect of aggregating the order lines from different orders and creating a single work order for the total required.
Anyone got an idea?

Once a Work Order is Released I need to be able to print it, including the BOM as a job ticket to be used in the kitchen. This would effectively turn the BOM into a recipe with specific ingredient quantities, helping with portion control (thus cost). It seems like this is just creation of a print function akin to that in invoices, sales orders, etc.

Anything obvious I'm missing?

Thanks,

Gareth.