Topic: Sales and Purchases Quotes, Multiple Invoice Types, Provider prod code

Quotes:
In order to extend the scope of the supported business cylcle it would be great to include quotes in Sales and in Purchases.

Multiple Invoice Types:
In addition in some places it is common that depending on the customer category you have to issue different invoices. E.g. the information collected and the way VAT is displayed is different for a corporation than for a indivisual customer.

It would therefore be helpfull to be able to manage multiple Invoice Layouts with thier own incremental numbers and the possibility to define different GL accounts to be affected.

Provider Item Number:
In the Purchase quote/order/invoice it would be great to be able to define the provider's product code (which may be different to your own). Best solution here would be to add to the Inventory Item maintenance the possiblity to link the product to one or mltiple providers with their internal product code

Re: Sales and Purchases Quotes, Multiple Invoice Types, Provider prod code

Just a comment to the last item.
Under the tab, Items and Inventory, section Pricing and Costs, Purchasing Pricing, you can enter Provider specific details about an item.

Joe

Hi Joe,
Thanks I had overlooked this one!

On the other two items I may be able get a partial solution if I work in creating different reports for each invoice type. Is there any tool available to make the creation of a report easier? I saw it is very much hard coded and looks dicy to hget preprinted forms filled.

Thanks

swiro

Hello swiro,
An easy and very simple solution to the quote problem is to just create a new report and copy the the Sales Order script to a Quote, and rename the report to a Quote, with no further changes.

But it should be done during a version update, as a couple of files need to be changed. Remember it is quite easy to delete Sales Orders. So should there be no order you just delete the Quote (Sales Order not sent yet).

For better result the Sales Order should be marked as a Quote as long no Sales Order has been sent. But this requires a database table change.

The item regarding creation of documents in a more interactive way has been considered, but due to lack of resources it was postponed.

Joe