Topic: Work Order Creation

The company wanted to create a Work Order after sales has been confirmed. Is it possible to create a link to Work Order after this?

Re: Work Order Creation

To create a link should not be a problem.
Are there more users wanting this?

/Joe

yes, there are many users using this....

we would like this also

This has been implemented in 2.3 Final or if you are running 2.3 RC3 you can download the file here:

You create the workorder, while still in the Sales menu, so you are back quickly to your swales operations.

/Joe

thanks, joe

As you know when you make one improvement, the user wants at least 3 more.  Is it possible (easily) to make the work order link pop wo entry into a new window like the view sales order does?  The reason is suppose my salesperson sells 5 items and each is a manufactured product.  Dumping them straight into wo entry makes it hard for them to create the workorder as they have probably forgotten what the items were so it is hard to go back and forth to pick up all the wo's need for the items.  Even better would be to generate something like a pick list of items which need a wo created.

thanx joe......i'll just want to test this update...anyway, thanx so much

Ed, we use only 'flat' popup windows i.e they are used only for temporary view or selection of customer/supplier to document. This is design policy which make program flow easy and help avoid burden on a desktop. To not forgot what has to be produced you can open view transaction popup just before following WO link, and closing it after the last item is produced.

The real cure for all this is to implement SO=>WO convertion, which is impossible until we will have multiline work orders coded.

Janusz

Thanks, Janusz,  Is a multiline wo being worked on?  Is it a lot of effort or not too bad to do, but busy on other things?

Currently we are focused on final 2.3 release which is planned at the beginning of December. The work order improvement is not so easy, and in fact the better way would be to redesign the manufacturing module than make local changes like the multiline WO. In fact manufacturing process is much more complicate than simple sales, while (still incomplete) Sales module is more complex than Manufacturing in FA. This is meaningful hmm.
Anyway if there is somebody really interested in manufacturing improvements, who can spent some time on database analysis and redesign it would significantly speed up development in this area.

Janusz

This probably should go into sales, but the thread started here and I am expanding is some.  Similar to creating a wo when an item needs to be manufactured, it seems that when doing a sale of an item with not enough inventory, there should be a link to creating a PO.  Ideally, upon creation of a SO and there is not inventory from lack of items or needing to be mfg, a window should be created from which user could create both PO and WO as meeded. 

BTW when I click add item in New Sales Quotation Entry or New Sales Order Entry the new item is not displayed, but is put into db.

Maybe better solution would be some automatic 'internal' ordering when some ordered  goods are absent in inventory. Often the salesman have no access to purchases which are confirmed and  processed by purchase officer.

ed10 wrote:

BTW when I click add item in New Sales Quotation Entry or New Sales Order Entry the new item is not displayed, but is put into db.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you explain me the problem?

Janusz

What would it take to create an automatic ordering scheme?

On small problem, when I pick an item to add to a sales order and then click add item button, no line item is displayed on the SO, but if I hit update button it is, I thought that hitting add item should list the item in the SO and then let me go to the next line for the next item to enter for the order.

I am using sales_order_entry.php from CSV add the new link to create at WO after SO created.

Thanks

Really strange. I can't reproduce the effect. I guess you are using 2.3RC version, and not old 2.2.x. Maybe this is some browser related issue?

Janusz

I am using ver 2.3RC3, but I am using sales_order_entry.php from CSV add the new link to create at WO after SO created.
I acted ok before I copied the sales_order_entry.php. I just checked and the 2.3 demo does not use that script as the link to WO is not there after SO created.

No guarantee on mixed version behaviour. The sales_order script was also changed in CVS on November 6th, and can require other scripts changed at his date (see CVS CHANGELOG.txt)
Janusz

I figure that was my problem, what i used:

https://frontaccounting.cvs.sourceforge. … n=1.2.2.61

It is not a big deal at all.  Wanted to be sure after link was put in that a problem was created.