Topic: customer / supplier number

Hi,

I think that the possibility to add customer and supplier numbers in the way invoice numbers are entered (modify the numbers) would be great.

I'd like to enter customer numbers in the following format: ERP-CUST01 and supplier numbers in the format ERP-SUP01 with an auto increment fucntion.

Thanks!

Re: customer / supplier number

Well, and how you want to select right customer when you have to issue an invoice?
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

I think it would be be able to select the customer by name or number. I think in Holland you got to have debtor / supplier numbers, and also show them on invoices.

So, when you add a new debtor or supplier, it would be nice to have an auto-generated number for them like the way invoice numbers are created.

Regards,

Arjan

This wish is very important. For example many companies have own Deb/Supp-Numbers used in their old applications, which mostly appeard in invoices and mostly is the reference for paying. So if they twist to FA, it would be nice to
keep the old numbers, otherwise even the Customers and suppliers must change the numbers.

May be deep is referring to Vendor Key or Customer Key...

How about when the above is taking into consideration, addon a field vendor key in Customer master.

or, add a field customer key in Supplier Master..

This could be happened, customer in return is our supplier, too