1 (edited by huotg01 10/17/2010 02:15:51 pm)

Topic: Sharing a same customer table with another open source application

Hi.

In addition to FA, I also use another open source software (Tikiwiki) to manage our small association.

The only common information is the customer list. I need to maintain a list of customers in FA, and in TikiWiki.

What would be the most effective and elegant way to share the customer data and having one of the two applications to drive the show for that aspect ?

Just to launch the discussion...

Thanks

Gaston

Re: Sharing a same customer table with another open source application

Janusz or Joe

I would really appreciate to have your comments on the best way for me to keep in synch both applications with regards to the customer data (some).

Thanks,

Gaston

You can use either application to create/update customers. Just remember that in FA you must also create at least one branch. You can look into the module Import Customers for this.
If you call it from TikiWiki you must connect to the FA company database and do the updates/creation, and vice versa if you do it from FA.

Another way would be to create a module extension in FA to sync the two customer tables. Look into the Import Customers about how to make a module extension.

/Joe

Thanks Joe

I was thinking of having FA as the "master" of the game, because there is more information to capture.

With a module extension, it would be possible to sync the Tikiwiki ?

Gaston