Topic: How to set up various Companies and login separately on FA

You see, I know FA can have up to 50 different companies set up and logged in separately with various pass words maybe.  f.i  to be able to have say, company A, B, C D etc in the "Company"drop down list after user name and pass word at the initial login page. so that each company you wish to work on at any time is chosen. Hope you get my point and can anyone help me out please?

Thanks.

Re: How to set up various Companies and login separately on FA

No, it is not possible in current FA database scheme. Users credentials are stored in separate per company database, so you have to select company database first, then the login:password can be checked and access granted.

Janusz

Ok Thanks, but where do I select company database to begin with. Do I have to login into phpmyadmin to do that?

Greenawise:
go to SETUP tab
under maintenance, on the right side, select CREATE/UPDATE companies
Here you may create a new company from within FA
You may browse to the FA SQL folder to select SQL to create the company.
Good luck.

Alberto.

Thanks Alberto, I did that before several times but when I try to login into the newly created company it says "
Incorrect Password

The user and password combination is not valid for the system.

If you are not an authorized user, please contact your system administrator to obtain an account to enable you to use the system.
Try again"

This is how I fill it out;
Company    : I enter the desired company name
Host    : localhost
Database User: the original db user I used in setting FA up. (acct)
Database Password: the db password originally used in setting uFA
Database Name:
Table Pref: 2, 3, 4 etc as by default established.
Default: no
Database Script: not sure what to put there.
New script Admin Password: not sure what to put there.

I would be very glad if any one could help me out as I'm stranded on this.

Thanks.

Greenawise:
username must be admin
The password you setup should be the default admin password specified in the field "new script admin password"... I think.

Anyway... I made sure that the admin password I specified is the same admin password the the first company had.
And I've created two separate companies on several computers... no problem.

your login name must be admin
your password would then be the admin password you specified at time of creation.
See if it helps.

Rgds.
Alberto.

Thanks a lot Alberto. I had this error message "When creating a new company, you must provide a Database script file." probably cos I did not choose anything at Database Script. Actually I did not know where or how to choose  dbase script. I'm familiar with logging into phpmyadmin and I 'm not sure if i can do this from over there.

The database script file is located on the SQL folder inside the FA folder.
I am using it under Windows, so the folder path is:

C:\xampp\htdocs\FA\sql

Inside the SQL folder, there are some ready_made files.
I chose the one named--->   en_US-new.sql
This file has the scripts to create the tables in your database.
When creating a second company, I'd rather prefer not to do it from PHPMyAdmin, although I believe it is possible.

Just select the script I mention above and see if it helps.
Rgds.
Alberto.

Thanks Alberto with your help I have been able to login separately into the earlier company I created by changing the password to be the same as I created before. But now I'm creating a 3rd company and that is where I'm having problems with the SQL stuff. The thing is that I'm running on ubutu linux OS and I believe that is the challenge. When I was on windows, as soon as I select the browse at "database script" I get stuff like what you described but with ubuntu its sort of complex as I can't locate the SQL folder. Any clue on how to fix it on linux?

Thanks a lot for your help. Really grateful.

mmmh... haven't tried FA on Linux, would't be able to help. I thouht it was straight forward though.
I'll be following up on this post to see what the solution is.
Rgds.
Alberto.

The problem is not in FA. When you  will do what application is asking for all will go seemlessly. Just provide sql file which is necessary to create database. This is the same on Win and Linux as well. If you ignore database script input field - you will never create working company.
In password input you can put what you wish, and the input will be used later as your password for login.

Janusz

Thanks Albertino, I found help from a friend. Now every thing is running well. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help.

Best Rgds.