Topic: Empty DB

Dears,
is there anyother copy of the db's should be empty for a clean company installements ???

thanks

Re: Empty DB

Can I get the empty DB , too?

There is a script, en_US-new.sql, in the /sql folder. This script can be used to create a new empty company. It only contains the needed data.

/Joe

I need an empty db as well, but I do not want to start over.

What I need to do is export my db, chart of accounts, company info, customers, branches, etc. leaving behind all transactions that are part of the test install.  An export feature that would do this.

What do you think?

I would also like to setup my training co. with the same chart of accounts, company info, customers, branches, etc. so that the people I work with could try things, and not effect the production file.

If we had a script that would take the 1_ table prefix and chance it to 0_ then maybe I could just replace that part or the db in my production file.  As things change in the company file, you may want to do this procedure once in awhile.

What do you think?

Regards, Alvin

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Again, you should start with the empty en_US-new.sql file or some of the other charts from the download section. This is because that you must be sure to get the correct connections between tables. Then you can start modifying it. Take away unneeded data. You will always get a warning if you try to remove related stuff. Enter stuff you want to be here, and finally make a backup and download the file. If you export from a company that have other prefix than 0_, f.i. 1_, you should use an editor and make a search for 1_ and replace it with 0_. All new scripts must have this prefix. They will eventually be replaced internally when creating a new company with your new script.
There is no automatic way of doing this, but you will learn by doing.

/Joe