Topic: Password or User Name Eror

HI again, now all of a sudden my software is not accepting any password for any user iv created
it is not accepting password even for demo user or for admin

kindly help me how is this possible i have not distubed any files it hapend it self

how can i recover from this.

thanks

Re: Password or User Name Eror

Difficult to say.

It's frequently a problem of unnoticed capital letters.

Other than that, if you have access to the database:
Reset password

You can reset the admin password for a company by using phpMyAdmin. Enter the company database and find the correct table prefix f.i. 0_users.
Edit the user Admin. Paste the following md5 password, 5f4dcc3b5aa765d61d8327deb882cf99 , for 'password' into the password field.
You can now login as username: admin and password: password .
Please change this password this asap.

I had the same problem I reset my password with phpmyadmin, but what causes this behavior is not known to me. Anybody could suggest something?

4 (edited by Excellence 02/11/2011 01:14:31 pm)

I got the same problem with me
But my problem, I can not access the whole system
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1894
I am the system administrator
What is the solution please?
I am using 2.3.1 v

You can reset password via phpmyadmin using known md5 hash e.g. standard admin password found in sql/en_US-new.sql file.
Janusz

thanks Janusz
How can i  resolve this issue via  MY SQL?

The procedure is described above.

8 (edited by yankeepapa13 04/16/2011 12:12:53 pm)

I've been dealing with this problem for a couple of days and, having finally resolved it, I think there is a code flaw. Any database connection issue seems to give a password error rather than a clue to the true cause.

If you're having the same problem and are sure the user name and password are correct, look in the /frontaccount/tmp/errors.log.

If you see something along the lines of "A link to the server could not be established", "Lost connection to MySQL server" or "Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket", it's because the mysql server is not running.

If you see something like "Access denied for user 'bob'@'localhost' (using password: YES)", the MySQL server is running but it's not happy with the database user. These settings are held in the /frontaccount/config_db.php file.

In my case the system changed the way it was identifying the host server from it's IP address to it's host name. I'm still not sure why this changed but after adding a new user@host to MySQL all is now happy.

I couldn't login to my account since I changed my company name. today I gain access to my frontaccount database, and find out all my records are gone! back to trial company records. I don't know if miss anything or is it not recommended to build records on top of the trial company?

ericta wrote:

I couldn't login to my account since I changed my company name. today I gain access to my frontaccount database, and find out all my records are gone! back to trial company records. I don't know if miss anything or is it not recommended to build records on top of the trial company?

I think what's happened here is that when you changed your company info, you ran 'Create/Update company' instead of 'Company Setup'. Doing this runs a database script against the tables, deleting previous info. It's easy to accidentally do, and yes, you have lost all your data unless you backed up first.

This subject has just been fixed and will be included in the next release, 2.3.4 that are planned to ship tomorrow.
The script will not be updated any more.

/Joe

12 (edited by ericta 04/28/2011 03:39:19 pm)

p2409 wrote:
ericta wrote:

I think what's happened here is that when you changed your company info, you ran 'Create/Update company' instead of 'Company Setup'. Doing this runs a database script against the tables, deleting previous info. It's easy to accidentally do, and yes, you have lost all your data unless you backed up first.

Thank you p2409... with tear

Ericta, I am really sorry for your data loss.  Hopefully you can forgive us. We are doing all this on a voluntary base without any money involved.
We try to do the best we can to avoid this, and it is the first time we have run into this kind of problem. And hopefully it will be the last time.

But for your own safety, please make frequently backup of your companies.

Humble regards

Joe.

joe wrote:

Ericta, I am really sorry for your data loss.  Hopefully you can forgive us. We are doing all this on a voluntary base without any money involved.
We try to do the best we can to avoid this, and it is the first time we have run into this kind of problem. And hopefully it will be the last time.

But for your own safety, please make frequently backup of your companies.

Humble regards

Joe.

Understand, and thank you for the quick fix.

Eric

I had the same problem in Version 2.3.10, manually reset the MD5 password in myphpadmin (table _users) still cant log in...