Topic: Problem with languages

Hey Guys,

hope you can help me.

I'm running FA2.3RC1 on a Synology NAS DS410 and I'm having some problems with switching the languages, e.g. from English to German.

I've installed the German language files and can choose German in the Preferences menu but FA is still displaying everything in English. The install of the language files was done in FA2.3Beta where I had the same problem.
I than upgraded to RC1 to use the new repository feature to make sure I didn't do anything wrong with the manual install. Unfortunately the repository feature won't work for me either as I'm getting an error message:"This script does not support extracting this type of tar file."

Can anybody with an idea on how to get this working on a DS410 advise, please?

thanks for your help

Re: Problem with languages

Please check System Diagnostics page, especially section related to locales. Probably you haven't installed de_DE (or de_CH) locales, or some extension system related directories/files has invalid permissions set.

Janusz

Heya Janusz,

thanks for this... I'm pretty new to FA and wasn't aware of this functionality smile

Just checked it and it states that:"    Missing system locale: de_DE.iso-8859-1"....
So am I correct in assuming that FA relies on files which are normally found on a "normal" server? If this is the case than I might have a problem as FA is running on a Synology NAS where I propably can't install the needed files as it is a "closed" system where you have no real access to the OS.

Any ideas or am I just out of luck?
Thanks

Well, I don't know Synology, however it seems to be international product based on linux, so they should have some support for adding locales. FA under linux have to use right system locales if php has internationalization gettext support built-in. This is simply way how gettext (and therefore i18n in FA) works.

Janusz