Topic: Re:Showing Tax details on Sales Quotation and Sales order

I am tring to customize sales quotation or sales order reports to show the tax details. Currently it is showing "TOTAL ORDER EX VAT" OR "TOTAL ORDER INCL VAT"

But I want to show is the break down of the tax.

Pls help me on this.

Thx

Re: Re:Showing Tax details on Sales Quotation and Sales order

You have to change report rep109.php. Thie change is not trivial as tax details are not calculated and stored in system for sales orders, but onl for invoices/credits.
Janusz

I would also like to ba able to display tax on quotes. Where does the system store the "Quote Total" figure when I click on "Sales Quotation Enquiry"? ie, where does it 'fetch' the amount to display it in the column?
Thanks,
Brynn

Tax details are not stored in a system for Sales Order/Sales Quotation. In Sales Quotation Enquiry  only total amount  is displayed (including or excluding VAT/GST - depends on sales type selected).

The simplest way to retrieve taxes calculated for SO/SQ would be open sales order using cart class e.g.:

$quote = new cart(ST_SALESQUOTE, $quote_number);
$taxes = $quote->get_taxes();
var_dump($taxes);

Janusz

Hello Janusz

I too would like to have sales tax show on sales order quote...

On the code above, where would I paste it to try this out?

Thanks for your help smile

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

I have two news Alvin. Bad news is that code above cannot be used directly to display taxes. The good one is that tax for SO/SQ will be displayed in FA since FA 2.3rc version.
Janusz

Hello andrewhrid16
I have not tried 2.3 yet,  but I just received (Re: Frontaccounting-cvs_updates Digest, Vol 30, Issue 25)  from the dev mail list.  Looks like Janusz is on it... You might update...

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Tax is not displayed if for some reasons no tax is applicable. For example when your customer is in group with no tax active (this is common for export in most countries).

Janusz