Topic: FA setup error fiscal year

hi, i have finished install FA and i uncheck  Fill database with demo data from installation page, and i have succesfully running FA on my machine.

i have some question how to create fiscal year, i have been search on archive forum how to create fiscal year, but i still stuck on this.

i want to create fiscal year :
fiscal year begin : 01 January 2010
fiscal year end : 31 december 2010

when i submit the add new button.Fa show me an error "Invalid BEGIN date in fiscal year." can somebody help me with this error or how to create fiscal year for 2010..

How to create opening balance with my old accounting data..i want to insert data to FA for opening balance..can somebody help me how to opening balance for each GL Account..

regards

Re: FA setup error fiscal year

Look in the Wiki here:

There is also a section about Opening Balances.

/Joe

I think the problem posted by Koeznandar was not really adressed in
https://frontaccounting.com/fawiki/index … iscalYears.
I'm facing the same problem countless number of times the error"Invalid BEGIN date in fiscal year." keeps appearing.
I'm trying to create a fiscal year of 1st Jan 2010-31st Dec 2010. Originally, I have 01/01/2008-31/12/2010.

Mistakenly, I created 01/01/2009-    31/12/2010 and now FA says I can't delete it, even not able to edit, Why is it so? Could it be some kind of bug?

In the fiscal year tab, when I click on the date icon and the calender pops up, and I choose a date,  31st Dec, 2010 supposed to appear as 31/12/2010, it appears as  12/31/2010, even though in the display tab I have set it to appear DDMMYYYY. Why? could any body help?

Regarding Greenawise.

The reason for this is that you originally had a gap of 1 year. This is not allowed. You cannot delete a year in the middle of two financial years. There must be a continuity between fiscal years.
The second topic. I have no idea about why.

/Joe

Thanks Joe, but at least it must allow me to edit the existing fiscal year, but when I try to edit, it becomes inactive.

Hello again,
I can't tell what has went wrong here.
If you know what you are doing and the years are open you can use phpMyAdmin and manually fix the fiscal years. But be careful that you have a continuance. No gap between the years.

/Joe

8 (edited by thhui 09/11/2010 08:41:11 am)

FA should have options to allow users or admin to
delete or erase all entered demo transactions data beforehand so that
it will not mess with the beginning date of the first fiscal year.

You should setup your real company with an empty chart of accounts, f.i. en_US-new.sql.

/Joe

Just to be sure, fiscal years have to be consecutively set up first e.g. fiscal'09 cannot be skipped if fiscal'10 be set up right after fiscal'08. Whether fiscal years are open or close it's up to the business financial decision. Good luck!

Dear Administrator,

My fiscal year set was 01/01/2011 till 31/12/2011. When I wanted to add a new fiscal year 01/01/2012 till 31/12/2012, system prompt invalid end date and begin date.
Then when I try to preview Trial Balance, for fiscal year 01/01/2011 till 31/12/2011, same error message.
How can I resolve this as I need to proceed to the next financial year 2012 and 2013.
Please help.
Thanks.

Please have a look in the table, 0_fiscalyears with myPhpAdmin, and see what is stored here. You might even correct it here if you know what you are doing.

Normally it works with the restrictions to not allow mistakes, but obviously something is wrong here.

/Joe

The Date format fix will be to delete the js files in the company/#/ folder and have it regenerated on next usage.

Thanks Joe and Apmuthu will check those out.