Topic: prn_redirect.php from 2.3 beta

I am finding my way through this app, and like what I see so far. But I am having an issue with PDF print (so far just an invoice), where the system just hands the browser the prn_redirect.php. It  does create the pdf within the company folders/pdf. This is on localhost, running Xampp 1.73a in Archlinux x86; PHP 5.31.

I uploaded the installation to a secure directory on my web host, and found that it works from there (PHP 5.2.13). Same browser (Chrome+Firefox), same javascript settings.

And how do I go about getting the system to output the PDF as Invoice_395.pdf? Currently it returns to the system as 4c4b73e6c540e.pdf.

Thanks!

Re: prn_redirect.php from 2.3 beta

This is for security reasons. If you email the invoices, the names are more readable.
From the PDF viewer you can save a local copy into meaningful name.

/Joe

Thanks Joe, any ideas about the problem on php5.3? Have you tested there?

PHP 5.3 is still experimental, and can be not fully supported on FA, however please read FAQ for advice about debugging steps in case of problems.
Janusz

5 (edited by onyx 07/25/2010 10:33:30 am)

Hmmm, I understand your position on 5.3; but here's a heads-up:
"The PHP development team would like to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.2.14. This release focuses on improving the stability of the PHP 5.2.x branch with over 60 bug fixes, some of which are security related.

This release marks the end of the active support for PHP 5.2. Following this release the PHP 5.2 series will receive no further active bug maintenance. Security fixes for PHP 5.2 might be published on a case by cases basis. All users of PHP 5.2 are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.3."
from http://www.php.net/archive/2010.php#id2010-07-22-1

this is huge for everybody...I do Drupal work too, and that is nowhere near ready to jump to 5.3 with many of its modules.

Edit: just spoke to my hosting provider about this, and they are committed to rolling out 5.3 shortly as part of cPanel's updating system....so I will soon find out what works and what doesn't I guess...sounds like a storm headed our way for every PHP site developer....

Every issues with php 5.3.x found and reported by FA users are instantly fixed in the code, however development process is not done under PHP 5.3, therefore we cannot guarantee FA will work on this version after any future code change. On the other hand our goal is to support PHP/MySQL versions which are most widely used, and not necesssary those promoted or supported by PHP team. This is why FA still works both on PHP 5.2.x and 4.3.x as well.

Anyway if you will find any problems using FA on PHP 5.3 based hosting do not hesitate to send bug report on our Mantis, with or without related patch - it will be fixed asap. There is no fundamental reason for which FA will not work with 5.3.

Janusz