Topic: make Delivery Date in Purchase order same as date of Purchase Order

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your reply.
How do I change automatically the delivery date on the purchase order to reflect the date the purchase order was raised? cos our vendor make delivery of purchase order the same day purchase order is raised.

How about a situation when my Vendors gives me discount in goods and not in cash. How do I handle it.
This is the scenario: I bought 1000 unit of  goods at 200 naira per unit and my vendor gave a discount of 100 units of goods. this make us sell less than purchase price. How do I handle this discount.

thanks .
popsicles12

Re: make Delivery Date in Purchase order same as date of Purchase Order

Delivery date is date of arrival of goods to your inventory, not the date of delivery from your supplier. Using FS 2.3 if this is the same date you can eventually use Direct Purchase Delivery which generate related PO in background during GRN, without need for separate PO entry.
Janusz

3 (edited by popsicles12 07/20/2010 05:22:19 pm)

Hello Janusz,

Thanks for your response.Ireally appreaciate it.

There is this issue I have been battling with about Voiding a PO, Invoice, Purchase Order Delivery. When you want to void, you can only void Invoice. I posted on it on the forum and I want to told to do stock adjustment. To my greatest surprise, I discovered that after some days, there was an automatic adjustment by the system concerning the Purchase invoice I voided thereby making it a double negative adjustment since I manually adjusted the stock. have you come across this?

Secondly, I also discovered that it adjusted based on the date the stock arrived my store.

Any comments on this?

thanks

popsicles.

NOTE:Please which is FS 2.3?

popsicles12 wrote:

There is this issue I have been battling with about Voiding a PO, Invoice, Purchase Order Delivery. When you want to void, you can only void Invoice. I posted on it on the forum and I want to told to do stock adjustment. To my greatest surprise, I discovered that after some days, there was an automatic adjustment by the system concerning the Purchase invoice I voided thereby making it a double negative adjustment since I manually adjusted the stock. have you come across this?

I'm not sure I understand you right. Could you list in points what you have done, and what you consider as fault in FA?

Secondly, I also discovered that it adjusted based on the date the stock arrived my store.

What you mean?

NOTE:Please which is FS 2.3?

This was a typo. I meant FrontAcccounitng (FA) version 2.3beta.
Janusz

Hello Janusz,

thanks once again.

this is what I mean.

I wanted to void a Purchase Order, Purchase Order Delivery and Supplier's Invoice. On going to the voiding section, I could only void Supplier's invoice. I could not void Purchase order nor the Purchase Order Delivery. I posted it on this forum and I was told to do a Stock Adjustment to correct my inventory status which I did.

About 6 - 7 days later, I discovered that the system (FA) automatically did the stock adjustment. this now made it a double adjustment with the manual stock adjustment I already did. I had to now void the manual stock adjustment i did initially.
I also discovered that the date this automatic adjustment was done on the same date as the Delivery date on the Purchase Order.
My observation is that the software does automatic adjustment when a suppliers invoice is voided. My question is that you please confirm this and that why do it have to take so many days although I am enable negative stock entry.

thanks.

popsicles12

Hello popsicles12.
There must have been some misunderstanding from a former discussion.
The manual stock adjustment is some kind of last resort.
If you want to remove a PO Receival, you should do that in the Supplier Invoice. Select the supplier. All the PO Receival lines for this supplier will show. After each line there should be a button for 'Remove'. You will probably need to be logged in as admin. Check Access Setup.
Clicking the 'Remove' will update the Stock Movement and the Receival will be canceled. Then leave the Supplier Invoice again. This was the only operation you wanted to do.
After the removal of the PO Receive the PO is re-inforced. To remove the PO, just click Outstanding Purchase orders and click the 'Edit' image. Then press 'Cancel Order'.

I am sorry if you have made something wrong here, but most things can be fixed. The Item Adjustment could be counter-booked once again to get it right. Just use the same date as the former 'wrongly' adjustment.

I hope this will get you on track again.

/Joe