Topic: Can not edit Bank Payment and Deposit ?

In Respect of bank Transaction if we do a mistake either Bank payment or Deposit there is no possibilities to edit those transactions? So Bank Payment and Deposit must be editable

Re: Can not edit Bank Payment and Deposit ?

We are working on that. There are, however, complications involved. In the mean-time you can void the transaction (in Setup tab) and do a new one.

/Joe

joe wrote:

We are working on that. There are, however, complications involved. In the mean-time you can void the transaction (in Setup tab) and do a new one.

/Joe

that was nice it works thank you sir

Hi Joe,

Do we have any progress on this feature ?
Misc type of bank deposits and payments would be easier for editing.
Can we release that part first and then take care of others ?

Regards,

Chaitanya

The problems are that there are so many things involved. You can also use the bank deposits and payments for payments to/from suppliers/customers. Everything has to be taking care of. Allocations and all such stuff has to be edited. So you see it is a difficult task.
Do you fancy trying? smile.

/Joe

smile I would like it a try once I am done with current project go live.

Before starting I would like to discuss the logic, will send mail to developers list.

Chaitanya

7 (edited by thhui 07/09/2010 04:27:25 pm)

The logic behind seems to be:-

1)Firstly, copying all those transactions to be edited to a temporay database tables for editing purpose.

2)Allowing the user to change just like the one when we enter transactions before (using the above temporary database table) but not yet completed by hitting the final processing button.

3)Reversiing all those transactions involved by deletiion  (Just like Voding but without using zero by deleting all those zero amount voided transactions)

4)Processing the above temporary database tables edition entries just like new addition of record.

This is my suggestion for editing records routine.

Hi thhui,

I guess the submitted code is rolled out in 2.3 beta please check.

Thanks

Chaitanya