Topic: How to change the default of printing to excel instead of pdf

I'm now trying to put the front accounting into trial
and found it useful.

But I want to tweak some settings so that it is easier for accountants to enter the most common transactions.

e.g. printing it to excel is more useful than print it in pdf
so I want to put it into the default setting instead.
However I can't see how to do it myself as I'm not familiar with php class programming.

Also, GL journal posting should allow the memo items to duplicate the first entry to the rest so that we need not do it line by line.

The last point  is the comments memo is not visible in the GL ledger listing.
Pls add it as it is useful for accountants as we may just enter it and not put it in every line of memos entry.

Thanks for the FA Development Team in advance!!!

Re: How to change the default of printing to excel instead of pdf

The memo for the entire GL Journal is printed on the first line, either alone or after Person/Item. It is separated by a /. Have a look.
The memo for the lines are printed in the same field, but for the item lines.

The default printer destinations will be established by a global variable in config.php, $def_printer_destination. With a value of 1 the default destination will be Excel. This will be done for stable release 2.2.10. The last memo field will drop down as default for the next line. This will also be done in 2.2.10. So you can either change it or delete it.

/Joe

3 (edited by thhui 05/30/2010 06:27:03 pm)

Some of the memo items do appear in Person/Items entres.

However, for the GL journal  entries, the memo items just don't appear in the Person/Items entries in the rep704 report (GL_transactions report).
Also, the comments memo items do not appear in the rep704 report.  .

Could the FA Development Team add it in latter release as it is useful as much as Person/Items?

Thanks for Joe's quick reply!!!

I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking about the report List of Journal Entries.
It has now been fixed so the report GL Transactions prints the line memo also. The comments in the GL Journal belongs to the entire Journal, so if you want these infos, you must print the List of Journal Entries.

CVS Main trunk updated. Affected file /reporting/rep704.php

/Joe