Topic: How to avoid same invoice/receipt/document number?

Dear all,

It seem my clerk can enter 2 or 3 same invoice number on my account and create some trouble to double check, How to avoid this ?

for your info, my invoice number are key in on "reference" . The same invoice/receipt number but have different # ( transaction ) number.

Thanks for your supports.

Re: How to avoid same invoice/receipt/document number?

FA has built in reference control, so non-unique reference should be blocked. How your clerk afforded to do it?
Janusz

itronics wrote:

FA has built in reference control, so non-unique reference should be blocked. How your clerk afforded to do it?
Janusz

something that i can't understand till now. ask her, she only key in like normal only..... really confuse????

sorry

Really. What kind of transactions has non-unique references?
Janusz

itronics wrote:

Really. What kind of transactions has non-unique references?
Janusz

Sales Invoice and Receipt.

Thanks

Just to be sure: You have multiply invoices with the same reference number, and none of them is voided or has 'auto' reference or were entered via import from external file? The same in receipt?
FA checks for  uniqueness of references between all documents of the same type, but you can have the same reference for 1 invoice and 1 receipt.

Janusz

itronics wrote:

Just to be sure: You have multiply invoices with the same reference number, and none of them is voided or has 'auto' reference or were entered via import from external file? The same in receipt?
FA checks for  uniqueness of references between all documents of the same type, but you can have the same reference for 1 invoice and 1 receipt.

Janusz

yes.... sometimes my clerk even enter 3 times the same invoice making my inventories sales report have 3 times sales than actual. May be my program or database corrupt somewhere.

This problem can come from a slow internet connection.  Sometimes you get a caution sign but the sale still gets made... but you don't know, so you enter it again.  Sometimes when you try to reenter the sale the system will say (reference number already in use) or something like that (a clue).  When I make a sale and I am not sure if it went through or not... I go to sales order inquiry, and look...

Hope this helps

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

But anyway reference should be unique in database, even in case of timeouts/multiply entry. Strange.

Can you use MySQL Query Browser to get the schema creation script (to verify that the table has its unique index set) and also query for the data itself (to verify the data).

For the first one, in MySQL query browser, right click on n_sales_orders and select "Copy CREATE statement to clipboard".  Paste and post the result.

For the second, use SELECT * FROM n_sales_orders s WHERE ord_date BETWEEN "2010-04-25" AND "2010-04-29" ;

(in each case, replace n with your company number.  In the latter case, use the dates between which your duplication occurred)

W