Topic: Item for more than one currency/tax types

I would like to have an item, let us call it 'computer'. This item has a price 1000, excl. VAT. So the computer cost in

Switzerland 1000 + 7.6% Tax (price in Swiss Franken)
Germany 1000 + 19 % Tax (price should be shown in Euro)

One customer ordres from Switzerland (Tax 7.6%), another is ordering from German (Tax 19%). Ist there any way do it in FA without having two items?

If not, how much work would it be to have such a feature?

Re: Item for more than one currency/tax types

Well, there is no problem having items with prices in different currencies.
If you create the various tax-rates and groups in setup tab. You could put these on the customer branches with the correct tax group. You would then probably create sales types with tax-included (looks better to end users which are not companies). This way you should go without any problems.
The tax system in FA is pretty comprehensive. You can do many combinations.

/Joe

Thank's for your answer. I don't want to have tax-included. The price a customer must pay depends on:

(price * currency ) + tax = end user price

(1000 * 1) + 7.6% = 1076.00 CHF (default currency) + tax 7.6 for Switzerland
(1000 * 0.6) + 19% =  1000*0.6 = 600 EUR + 19% = 714 EUR = 1190 CHF for Germany

If tax-included is enabled, then I get different benefits from an invoice and this is not what I want.

I just managed it, my problem was, that I had only one tax group in the tax type of the item. You need to add all tax groups for the item and after it give the tax group to the customer branch.

Yes, you just have tax groups for every tax types you use. This way you can have more than one tax on an item, like manufacturing or so. Well, I'm glad that you solved it yourself. Of course, you don't need to put tax included when selling to end customers (not companies). Remember though, when invoicing customers with a TAX ID number in another country, you shouldn't put tax on the invoices. Only customers without TAX ID numbers should be taxed with this country's tax rate.

As you see, the tax solutions in FA is pretty much usable.

/Joe

Yes, I have to say, it is done in a very good way, thank you!