Topic: Robustness and stability of frontaccounting

I am planning to install FrontAacc as the ERP...

1. I will have 50 companies-50 mysql DB/ one mysql server
2. About 500 transactions(on inventory/sales/GL modules per DB. i.e about 180,000 transactions per year per DB i.e about 10 million transaction for one year on the server...

I would like to know whether in such as scenario this is stable ??? Can front accounting handle such volume??

Please explain.

Regards

Re: Robustness and stability of frontaccounting

There is no internal limit on size of database other than limits of MySQL itself. We had no reported problems related to database size, so the application should work right, however there are no special tests done. Make test runs and use on your own risk.
Janusz

Dear Janusz,

Thanks for your reply. This answer really helps. I did install about 10 companies with some test-transactions..that is working just fine..over last few days...question is can it run for 365 days??

Are there some tests..special tests you can suggest??

regards

Yes, of course FA accepts multiply fiscal years data, therefore more than data sets for more than 365 days are obviously supported.
Maybe somebody else on the forum can share their experience using FA for multiply companies ?

Janusz

I designed a ledger for our investment banking application which was a multi-currency, multi-company, 24/7 application handling up to 1m entries per day.  To deal with this sort of implementation a number of partuicular design features are required. (Technology was java, Oracle, running Red Hat on blades.)

Mapping those experiences on to the FA design, and at  the much lower  levels you mentioned, my (completely off the cuff) guess is that there is no reason why FA should not  be able to deal with this, given that some attention is paid to mySQL tuning and optimisation - the database is normally the throughput limitation.

I'm happy to have an 'off line' chat on high volume considerations in distributed environments.

Every competent advice on FA design is highly appreciated. I will contact you to by email. Thanks in advance.
Janusz

Hi

thanks a ton it helps. I already have piloted 3 stores with some 1200 items plus 100 transactions each store. It is running fine for past 30 days...
Search is good.

small hitch, I am facing at times is the time-out while processing the inventory adjustment where items added are more than 20-30 rows..at times..

regards