Topic: UOM (unit of Measurement)

Hello Joe,

Please what is the use of the decimal places in the unit of measurement creation. I mean what is the use of the decimal places in UOM.
thanks
popsicles12.

Re: UOM (unit of Measurement)

This decides about resolution which you can use when you sell goods.
Let's assume you sell cars. Then you can set uom 'pcs' and decimal places set to 1, and your clever salesman can sell one and half of a car at a time wink.
Janusz

hello Janusz,

thanks for your reply but i am not clear about your explanation can please elaborate more on it. please make it clearer so that I can understand it.

All I am asking is the implication of the decimal places by calculation in your specification.

thanks.

Well, it seems obvious,  but if it is not for you,  forgive ironic example above.

If you have 0 (zero) decimal places set for uom named 'pcs' it means you can sell only 1, 2, 3... pcs, and not 1.23 or 0.7 pcs, right?
If you have 1 decimal place for 'kg' you can sell items using this uom in quantity  e.g. 1.2 or 50.5kg., but not 50.50006 kg. et cetera, et cetera...
Janusz

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your responses. i do appreciate you and all that works on the FA project.

I have this challenge and will very much appreciate if you can help me out. I have been able to do my conversion in inventory to units because we sell both in cartons and units. so my FA sees all as units.
my challenge now is this: when I am taking stock of goods in the store, i will like for FA to converts the unit stock into cartons so that i can see the quantity in cartons. E.g. We have a product that have 60units in a carton. by purchase price conversion, i have i carton in my store as 60units. when I want to take stock at the end of a period, i will love to see that 60units as 1 carton.

Is this possible, please help

thanks

popsicles12.

No, I am afraid not. You will have to split these items into 2 different ones with different UOM.

/Joe