Topic: Searchable Item list

I think it would be usefull to have a searchable Item list, sorted(selectable) on Itemcode and Name.
Also for customers and Suppliers

Jan

Re: Searchable Item list

Yes Jan, and there is such a searchable list already. For release 1.16 there is 3 variables inside config.php for doing this. From unstable release 2.0 these values has been moved to Company Setup.

/Joe

I missed that, sorry.

I'm installing 2.0 now on a public server and try it out.

thanks, Jan

I installed the 2.0 script on my server and i have played around with the searchable list.
That is not what i meant.

I was thinking of going to a new (popup)screen after the search and create the possibility to select the customer(in this example) out of the list and taking it back to the previous page.
You have to see more data of the customer in the picklist for choosing the right one, for example, if you have 5 customers with the last name Smit.

I'm thinking of more(extra) fields for: Surname, Lastname, Initials.

Jan

Yes, it would be a very good feature.

6 (edited by Jan 04/13/2008 10:17:12 am)

Something like this :-)

[img]http://www.archievenoverzicht.nl/images/list.jpg[/img]

For items, customers and suppliers

thanks, Jan

Yes, Jan, we understand what you mean. The search boxes were implemented because you can have many thousands of items, up to 90000 items perhaps, and the ability to search partly on either item id, category or name makes the listbox much more handy to select the right item. The same for ustomers/suppliers.
For items you have the option to see id, category and name.
I understand that for customers/suppliers the info is sparse. Maybe we can find something here, but the general structure is to get it as easy as possible to select the items/customers or suppliers, should you have many of them.

/Joe