Topic: Ajax Timeout

Would be good to have some sorta of ajax timeout setting where it would retry to resend a response after a certain amount of time in a case where the connection suddenly drops during posting, search, query. Cause otherwise the process indicator spins and spins and spins forever. At least perhaps if its not getting a response from the server it , or getting server timeout error that it would let user know that connection has been lost or something and allow user to try again.

For example: It will try once and if after 30 seconds it doesn't get a response it tries again, and after the third time it'll spit back an error saying no connection found?

Re: Ajax Timeout

Good idea.

How can we make that timeout longer?

On the reports I generally get a timeout and then I retry and it will work sometimes.

It is really a pain and if a longer timeout will allow it to work then I am happy to wait another 30 seconds!

Retry may be nice, but not needed at this point!

4 (edited by tom 03/14/2010 08:41:52 pm)

How do I fix this error when running a report?

Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 263560 bytes) in /var/www/fa/reporting/includes/tcpdf.php on line 5246

I was running Customer Detail Listing

tom

You should set memory_limit to some bigger value in php.ini, or just in config.php, e.g.:

ini_set('memory_limit', '48M');

Janusz

Ok that helped.

But this is odd.

If I run Detailed Customer Listing with JavaScript enabled I get the Error Triangle.
If I disable JS, it opens a new Tab in my browser (FireFox) and completes.

BTW it generates a 289 page PDF file.

What causes this? The Timeout Value? How do I extend it?

Tom

Yes, this have to be timeout. You can fix it about line 39 in utils.js. I will consider changing it in next minor release for all reports.
Janusz