Topic: Print invoice in a different language

Is it possible for a user to create an invoice while using the program in a specific language, then print off the invoice in a different language? For example, I use a Dutch translation of the program but some invoices need to be printed in French. Is it possible to do this without changing the entire program's language or would I need to set up a bilingual invoice?

Re: Print invoice in a different language

Somebody might clarify this as I am still a noob, but my understanding is that thet is the puropse of doctext2.inc. If Dutch is your default currency, then invoices in another currency use the text in doctext2.inc That way, If you print an invoice in the French currency, it will ues the descriptions in doctext2.inc. You find it in the includes directory under the reports folder.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

If your customer use your default currency, your language is used for invoices. Otherwise invoices are printed in english. If you want another language to be used for foreign customers - change doctext.inc to preferred language. This is how it works now, but probably subject to change in next FA releases.

Janusz

I am in the same position.  I am in MOntreal, Canada.  Half of my customers are French, and half are English.

I woudl be interested in knowing details on the advancement of this part.  Like I mentioned elsewhere, instead of tying language to currency, it should be tied to customer. 

In MOntreal, and all over canada, we use the canadian dollar.  But, while we all use the same money, the whole province of Quebec (part of Canada), they speak French.  The tied to currency option would not work for me.

I woudl be willing to help out to advance this part of the project.  I codl even find a developper to help with it, if needed.

JOe