Topic: Custom Fields and Custom Workflows

I hope that the developers of FrontAccounting really take the time to think about the possibilities this feature request could open up for the project in terms of allowing users to have more flexibility in "Customizing", "Integrating", and "Automating" the Front Accounting system.

This is going to be a fairly long post, because I want to really make my ideas clear because I think they will be really important to the future growth and success of FrontAccounting.

First of all, I would like to point to the vtiger project, because it currently has both of these features.  They are not perfect yet, and I am actively involved on the vtiger forums to try to make them better, but it is a start.

Custom Fields:

If Front Accounting gave the ability for users to add custom fields to the different modules, then users could customize things to organize and store all types of other data they might want to keep track of and associate with things like their products, sales orders, customers, etc.
Vtiger 5.1 is one of the better systems I have seen for adding custom fields to modules.
Custom Fields would also open up the ability to really take front accounting to the next level with my next feature request: Custom Workflows

Custom Workflows:

Vtiger just recently introduced custom workflows in their system and it has allowed us to take things to a whole new level with our business.
With custom workflows, we can automate all kinds of tasks so there is way less time spent on data entry and managing our different business processes.
We also are able to integrate any other system with our vtiger system like our Website, POS system, Mass Email Newsletter System, etc.

We have even integrated Front Accounting with vtiger.  So all our Product, Customer Account, and Sales Order Data, is automatically sent from vtiger into Front Accounting.

However, once our data is in Front Accounting we are limited on what data we can see there, because there is not a Custom Fields option that lets us bring extra data in that we would like to view not just in vtiger but also in Front Accounting.

It is also more time consuming to manage our business in Front Accounting because there are not Custom Workflows.

Also, integration with vtiger or other systems is all one way because we can not create custom workflows in Front Accounting that will let us then update our other systems with changes we make in Front Accounting like we do now with vtiger.

Anyways, I hope I am being clear on this post with my ideas because I really think they would make FA so much better and open up so many possibilities for allowing outside developers like myself to program custom workflows with custom fields in FA that would allow me to customize the system to keep track of any data I want, and then integrate that data with any other system out there like my website or crm system and also automate any of the tasks I would like to.

If the developers need help financially to be able to focus some time and resources on these two features, then please let me know what it would take and I will gladly help out in any way that I can.

Please let me know if you have questions or ideas on how we can make this happen.   
I am also happy to type out some more examples and specifics on how we use custom fields and workflows in vtiger now and how we would use them in front accounting to run  whole business operations and processes, if more clarity is needed on this.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Custom Fields and Custom Workflows

can anybody help me how to add a customer? cause in my page local manage customer, everytime I add a customer it doesn't shows up.