Topic: Purchase Requisitions

It will be useful to include Purchase requisitions functionality in the Package. Hope it is taken up

Re: Purchase Requisitions

How it should work?
Janusz

3 (edited by alvin 03/12/2010 06:11:09 pm)

Sounds like a good idea...

A document generated by a location or storeroom-personnel to notify the purchasing department of items it needs to order, their quantity, and the time frame. It may also contain the authorization to proceed with the purchase. Also called purchase request or requisition.  Inventory control may be done by Purchasing in back office for all locations, Purchasing would use these reports from all locations to put together a PO to suppliers, or make inventory transfers. It should be a report that shows all items for that location that are equal to or less then Re-Order Level, and show preset reorder quantity,  show supplier codes, and prices, and of coarse be editable.  When generating a PO or inventory transfer you could bring up these requisitions and add them or a block of items to the PO or transfer...

I could think of some more...  To all of you who need these features lets get them posted here....

AM

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

Seems to be good idea for companies with multiply locations and central purchase department.
Thank you Alvin for clear explanation. Only one question I'm not sure about: what is purpose of authorization to proceed PO?
Janusz

In larger companies, the authority to raise purchase orders is often centralised. But a line manager may have a delegated authority to say approve up to a certain amount. eg. At work, I can approve expenditure of $30k. So I can sign off on a requisition for most supplies , but the purchase order is still issued by the purchasing department centrally. If the expense is greater tha my delegated authority of $30k, then it passes up the line for approval before the PO issues.

I guess a requisition need to be able to be turned into a purchase order and then you would need reports for outstanding requisitions for the purchasing office to action. The rest should be able to be controlled by permissions so only the purchasing office has the right to issue a PO. Seems workflow would be similar to turning a Sales Order into an Invoice.

[b]RodW[/b]
Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Ok, I understand. The implementation need some changes in database, so maybe in next major release.

Janusz