Topic: Item Categories - Problem

Problem with Item Categories

Table Item Categories ( table _ stock_category) have chart of accounts for each items (table _stock_master), but when we make invoice, sistem do not work with chart of accounts set up for each item or category items. How we can fix it?

thanks for reply,

slax

Re: Item Categories - Problem

The account setup in sales categories is only default setup for items in given category. So when you add new item, and select some category for it, the accounts are set from category, but you are free to change them. We designed the categories this way to have more flexible setup.
Janusz

3 (edited by slax 03/01/2010 08:09:58 am)

Ok, but what mean set up accounts by category and by product. Because when I enter a new item and set the posting scheme, when receiving the product (Supplier Invoice) application respect scheme accounts set up for new item but when sell item invoice posting by a unique account of income (I have two accounts in the account of income: income from goods and income from services)
How to open item, set the scheme account for posting sales and purchases, and when you sell the item, invoice posting by the scheme set up for this items, and not by default (from company set up)?

thanks for reply,
slax

The sales account in company setup is used only as defaults for new customer branches.
Sales is posted to gl account set up for customer branch, or if you have selected 'Use items sales accounts' option here - to the gl account set up for selected item. Purchase invoice is always posted to COGS account selected for item.

Therefore if you want to use sales posting to service or goods related accounts you have to set tem properly in items setup for every item, and use the option 'Use items sales accounts' for all customer branches.

Janusz

5 (edited by slax 03/03/2010 01:06:27 pm)

itronics wrote:

The sales account in company setup is used only as defaults for new customer branches.
Sales is posted to gl account set up for customer branch, or if you have selected 'Use items sales accounts' option here - to the gl account set up for selected item. Purchase invoice is always posted to COGS account selected for item.

Therefore if you want to use sales posting to service or goods related accounts you have to set tem properly in items setup for every item, and use the option 'Use items sales accounts' for all customer branches.

Janusz

Yes, I want to use sales posting to service or goods related accounts and I know to set them properly in items setup for every item but I do not know where is option 'Use items sales accounts' for all customer branches?

Thanks,
slax

This is set for every branch, not globally. Select the first option of Sales Account select list.
Janusz

itronics wrote:

This is set for every branch, not globally. Select the first option of Sales Account select list.
Janusz

Hello,

That's it, I am success to create an invoice with the scheme posting  of account for items.

Thanks and regards,
slax