1 (edited by kuroi 07/12/2009 02:09:24 pm)

Topic: osCommerce/Zen Cart Import - separate databases

I'm attempting to use this module (actually on a Zen Cart rather than osCommerce - just a much better cart, but with similar database structure) but am running into problems configuring it to read the source database (ZC) and upload data to the target dB (FA).

I have the module installed and have configured it to give it the ZC database details. It appears to be able to read this without problems for customers and orders. However, in both cases the import fails as it tries to us the same database details to also read FA tables e.g. company for customers and debtors_master for orders.

Is there a way to configure this module to use different databases for the e-commerce site and the Front Accounting application?

Ultimately it would be nice to be able to go further and manage the accounting of multiple sites through a single instance of Front Accounting.

Re: osCommerce/Zen Cart Import - separate databases

Actually the module that you downloaded only supports different databases.
I have found that if you are using the same mysql server and username
that php will attempt to re-use the connection, so it is recommended that
you use a different username for the second connection.

I have a version I am cleaning up that also supports havig all the tables in the same database.

As far as which cart is better, let's not dredge up the tep/osc zc history I seem
to recall a lot of flame wars over the how the fork was done and qustions if
ZC violated GPL

tom

Tom said:

I have a version I am cleaning up that also supports havig all the tables in the same database.

Does that mean I could have multiple companies in the same database? How soon could this be included in FA's core?

I hope so, because of the limited number of databases available on in my current hosting plan. I can only spare one database for FA right now.

Or perhaps you were saying that osCommerce and FA were in the same database?

Thanks,
Jacob

Tom was talking about having tables for osc and FA in the same database.
FA do support multiply companies in one MySQL.
Janusz

ok. Thanks!
I just barely got FA working with more than one company in the same database. Sweet!

Thanks again,
Jacob