Topic: Work Order Production Bug ?

I have an advanced manufacturing work order for 5000 items and when I try to produce more than 1000 items only 1 item is produced. But any quantity upto 999 is produced correctly.

I also noticed that for any quantity of items above 1000 only a thousandth of it produced ie. 4 items produced when 4000 items entered, 3 items produced when 3000 items entered.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks in front for your assistance!

smile

Re: Work Order Production Bug ?

Check how you have set thousands separator in Display Preferences. If this is the same as decimal separator, such strange behaviour can appear, not only in manufacturing..
Janusz

I guess you are running release 2.2.5 or earlier.
Please upgrade to 2.2.6 because we had a bug in 2.2.5 that eliminated the thousand separator. Thank you.

/Joe

Thanks for your replies itronics and joe!

I have set the thousands seperator as ',' and the decimal seperator as '.' and I am using release 2.2.6.

I noticed now that the issue mentioned happens only when I edit the 'quantity' field in the 'Produce' form.

There's one more thing I have noticed - I have a work order for 5000 items and when I edit the quantity field to '2000' and press the 'process' button, the value in the quantity field momentarily changes to '2,000'. And the number of items manufactured is recorded as '2'. Things work correctly when I leave the quantity field untouched, as in - when I have a work order for 5000 items and the quantity field defaults to '5000' and I click the 'process' button without editing the quantity field, the value in the quantity field is NOT changed momentarily to '5,000' and the items manufactured is correctly updated as '5000'.

I get a feeling that this is could be a bug. Please advice!

Oh, yes. You are right there was a bug in quantity input here. Fixed in main CVS. Thank you for the report.
Janusz

No problem!

Thanks for the fix!