Topic: Entering price including VAT

I'm selling to end-users including VAT and want to enter 16,- euro including the 19% vat. This seems not be possible so I enter 13.44 excluding VAT which becomes 15.99 while 13.45 becomes 16.01.

So no possibility to result in 16.00 euro exactly. I currently changed from 2 to 4 decimals and entered 13.4454. I this the way to go?

Do you have plans to support price including VAT?

2 (edited by kerrsmith 02/21/2010 06:43:05 pm)

Re: Entering price including VAT

It is possible but you have to set it up correctly as follows:

Make sure you have set up taxes and tax groups
On the Customer Branches page set Tax Group to the tax group which has a tax applied to it
On Sales Types (on the sales page) set the Retail option to have tax included
On the Add and Manage Customers page set Sales Type/Price List to be the tax included option from above (retail)

When you now do an invoice you will see the total price for the items added is the total items cost and the taxed amount is shown in the left column but not added to the total.

(at the current time on the 2.2 demo if you do a direct invoice for customer Beefeater and add an item you will see this in action)

Re: Entering price including VAT

Hi Kerrsmith, thanks for your explanation and notifying me on the tax included option for the Sales Types. I totally missed this option. It's working as expected so far, great! Gr. Bob