Topic: Unable to upgrade due to error message

I get the following error message when I attempt to upgrade the program:

DATABASE ERROR : could not get user admin
error code : 1146
error message : Table 'thedatabaseIsetup.0_users' doesn't exist
sql that failed was : SELECT * FROM 0_users WHERE user_id='admin'

I got this error message twice. After the first time, I deleted the company, which seem to take. The second time, I got the same error message again. I am not sure what file I should be looking at to edit?

When I look at the configuration of my config_db.php file, I get the following:

$db_connections = array (
    0 => array ('name' => 'Training Co.',
        'host' => '000.000.000.00',
        'dbuser' => 'userIsetup',
        'dbpassword' => 'password',
        'dbname' => 'DBIsetupt',
        'tbpref' => '0_'),

array ('name' => 'company1.',
        'dbname' => 'DBIsetupt',
        'tbpref' => ''),

array ('name' => 'company2',
        'dbname' => 'DBIsetupt',
        'tbpref' => '')

);

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to upgrade due to error message

You have to go back and add (commit in) your old security access back in config.php  then log in and go to setup>access setup and set an admin role, then go to setup>user accounts setup, and assign the role to a user, but that might not work... just create a new user, and assign role.  you can go back later and clean up you users, now log out and commit out old security access.  you will find how to do all this, in this form and the wiki

In the end if you can not add your users or edit them, you will need to use phpmyadmin and delete the users before you can add them back again. Just keep your new user so you can back in.  I just had to do this on one of me sites.  Be safe, back up...:)

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

You said it was upgrade attempt, but nothing is changed in config_db.php during upgrade.On the other hand the file cited looks invalid - two companies has same credentials. Has it work before the upgrade?

Janusz

Januz:

Yes, it worked before the upgrade. When you say the credentials are the same, are you talking about  the arrays having the same information in it?

I am using the 000.000.000.00 as example, and when I typed "DBIsetup", in each case those were different databases... they did not all have the same name. I guess I should have typed "DBIsetup_1, DBIsetup_2 etc to be more precise.

Alvin: Having had more than my share of lost data in the past... trust me, I understand backups smile