Topic: Adding New Options for Reporting

Hello,

Is it simple to add screen controls for :

- A3 paper size output reports

- Selector for decimals counts to be displayed in reports

- Selector for Amounts to be displayed in Thousands, Hundreds or as Actual in   
  reports

Khaled

Re: Adding New Options for Reporting

Well, Khaled. We have just implemented a selector for either decimals (user setup for decimals) or rounded values).
Maybe we in the future could change the selector to show with user_price_dec(), rounded, hundreds and thousands, but with these values we need to put that information on the report.
I guess we are talking Balance Sheet and P/L Statements here, right?
Regarding A3, isn't this quite rare? Not many use these sophisticated printers. Maybe you should consider creating a report like the one that is downloadable from the Download section. This report uses Landscape and can hold much more information. Just a thought.

Maybe you can put this on the Wishlist on the Wiki, Khaled.

/Joe

Re: Adding New Options for Reporting

hi,

I faced the problem when using : " Annual Expense Breakdown ". It is a nice report, but to expanded it horizontally I noticed that I need to change the paper size to A3. In that case $col data in rep705.php should be changed.

Anyhow you are right Joe,
by using Lansdcape output this will resolve the problem but still the need to have the option for using that choice when directing the printout to the PDF generator [ FrontReport() parameter : L or P ] in addition to a control for $col data in harmony with the selected Paper either A4,A3,LETTER,LEGAL as defined in FrontReport().

Also, controlling the amounts to : x 100  or  x 1000 will help to minimize outputted data in the reports when no deep precision is needed.

Finally, I will add this wish topic to Wiki Page.

Thanks,

Khaled