Topic: Generation of Receipt

Hi, front account is a great software. I just set up this not long ago, however, i met a problem when a client asked me for receipt.

We are providing IT services, so normally after signing contract, we would require 50% upfront payment from clients. Let's say the project cost $1000. Normally, I would enter sales order into the system, enter customer payment for upfront payment($500), which is unallocated. After the project is done, I will generate delivery against sales order-> generate invoices against sales delivery. After client pay another $500, I would key in the customer payment again. After that I can allocate the payment to the invoices.

So my question is, in this way, actually I only use the frontaccount as an accounting software but I want to be able to generate receipt after I get upfront payment from client, what should I do? If I use direct invoice, I can't record down the whole project actually cost $1000. Any help would really appreciated.

Re: Generation of Receipt

You can register customer payment at any stage you want by Customer Payment, and later allocate it after invoice is created. But currently there is no printed report for customer payment, so if you want this you have to write such a report yourself, or you have to acknowledge the payment receive manually.
Janusz

Hi Janusz,

There is a common need of acknowledging the customer payment in hard copy print.
Can we have a core report ?

Thanks

Chaitanya

Do you mean something like the new Remittance document on the supplier side? A document called a RECEIPT instead?
You know we have the STATEMENTS also.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

I mean a print out of customer payment i.e. receipt from vendor side.
This document can be crucial as it may serve as physical acknowledgment.

The statement can not fulfill these needs

Thanks

Chaitanya

If we use our document layout as a base, can you just briefly describe what information is good to have here and where on the document.

I guess we could use the same info as on the Remittance, though the other way round. Listing of the allocated invoices if any, right?

And a line for Stamp and/or sign, right?

/Joe

Hi Joe,

That is correct.

The typical information needed are

1. Instead of Remittance, Document name will be RECEIPT
2. Remittance No. will be renamed as 'Receipt No.'
3. Instead of Order to, 'Received with thanks from'
4. Amount in words
5. As advance / full / part payment
6. Against Invoice No.
7. By Cash / Cheque
8. Dated, Drawn on Bank, Branch

I will mail you a sample receipt format on email directly.

Thanks

Chaitanya