Topic: inability to enter item quantity

I newly install frontaccounting 2.2 Beta and need to enter the stocks into frontaccount but could not input the item quantity.
how can i get this done please.

also, how do i handle the customer and the branch customer.
thanks.

Re: inability to enter item quantity

You have to input item quantities by normal Purchase order/purchase receive/purchase invoice chain, or as inventory adjustment.
Customers and Branches entry pages are in Sales module.
Janusz

3 (edited by Tocharsy 10/15/2009 02:42:08 pm)

thanks itronics, i did just as you said. but when i made a direct sales delivery, it complains that there is not enough quantity of the item, therefore delivery cannot be done.
also, i noticed that at the left bottom of my window, it sometimes show "done, but with error on page"  what could be responsible for taht?

is there anything i need to do that i have not done?

thanks

Well, I have no idea. 'done,but with error on page'  is not FrontAccounting message.
Janusz

Tocharsy wrote:

when i made a direct sales delivery, it complains that there is not enough quantity of the item, therefore delivery cannot be done.

I have not started on 2.2 yet... but in 2.1 you can just go to: Setup>System and General GL Setup>Inventory>Allow Negative Inventory:, and check the box.

Works for me...

"The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet."  - Aristotle.

thanks to all that has contributed to mthis challenge.
i have this challenge to handle, after inputing my items in the inventory with item codes, when i want to make direct delivery, it could not load the items when the item code is inputed. it only loads it first item inputed into the inventory. pls how could i solve this problem.

spacetab , *, Enter.
Or unchecck 'Search item list' in company setup.
Janusz

I m doing positive inventory adjustment. But in invetory item status, items on hand does not update it remains zero, how can I enter inventory which I already have. pls reply

Strange, I have no problems doing that. Are you looking at the correct location? Service items don't show up, as you know.
If you priced the items, there should be a GL journal created. Did it do that?

/Joe

pls explain how can i create GL journal

Ah, I guess you misunderstood. The item adjustment should create GL transactions, but only if the values of the adjustment is non-zero.
You can make a report,  List of Journal Entries, in Banking and General Ledger. See if you find the Item Adjustment here for the date done.

/Joe

hey

Please tell me how can I delete any item if the inventory is zero although all the transactions are complete. Because whenever I try to delete any item this warning appears: "Cannot delete this item because there are stock movements that refer to this item."

Please guide me and do reply at your earliest.

Thank You

You cant. You can only inactivate items not used anymore.

Janusz

BTW. Please do not reopen old closed threads if you have questions not related to the  subject. Open new thread instead.
J