Topic: howto pre-select a customer

We have created a customer with the name "direct sale". We select this customer if we are selling something directly to a customer.
(customers can order something, but they can also buy it directly in the shop.

I would like to see an option so i can select a default customer.
This customer will be selected on entry of the invoice screen, this will speed up the direct sale in the shop.

Re: howto pre-select a customer

Why not use the POS fascility to enter your cash sales. You could name your direct sale customer with a prefix so he is put first in the list. This way he will always be default.

/Joe

where can i find this POS fascillity?

Is POS fascillity and addon maybe?

No, I mean the built-in POS fascility. You can set it up under tab Setup.

/Joe

I have made a cash POS, but where do i indicate that i want to sell from this pos?

As an admin select this POS in your user settings.
Janusz

Today i am looking again in this problem.
it seems that Frontaccounting reminds the last customer at direct sales invoice.

How is this customer dertermined?

for example, if I have a company and 90% of my business is done to client X

It would be very handy that client X is always auto-pre-selected, instead of "the last used customer"

This is set in session variable (see ui_globals.inc). To have this used permanently you have to store it in users or company table.

Janusz

10 (edited by jafu 01/11/2010 12:35:43 am)

In my case my question is as follows:

When a Salesman logs in and is ready to start a new order, I would like that the customer list in the new order can shows only the customers assigned to the Salesman logged in, instead all of the customers in the database.

What would be the steps to make this?

Thanks,