Topic: Ability to edit/delete transaction after it's posted

Hi again!

Currently, when viewing a transaction (Setup > View or Print Transactions), it displays the transaction, but there is no option to edit or delete the transaction.  Is that someone that could be added?

I realize that this feature may not be desirable for everyone.  Perhaps it could be an option available only to admin users?  Or it could be a global preference in the program?

Thanks for considering it!

~Tom

Re: Ability to edit/delete transaction after it's posted

This is implemented in release 2.2.

/Joe

Fantastic!  Thanks!

That is really excellent news Joe!

Any update on when 2.2 will be released?

Thanks.

The edition option will be available only for some types of documents, but still not all.
We want to release beta version of 2.2 late September.
Janusz

OK Janusz.

Thank you for the info.

Hi,
I notice that the ability to edit/delete GL Journal transactions are working in 2.2, but how do I ensure that only the right person with the right role can have access to that feature?
I notice that in the role section, it only show "GL postings view", but there is no role for "GL postings changes".  How can I create a role that allow for users to only view and post new GL, but not to edit and delete. Thanks.

Dicky

'GL postings view' gives only read access to GL postings and GL inquires. The only directly editable GL transactions in FA are those entered via Journal Entry, and there is another security area defined for it. GL postings generated by other type of transactions (invoice, GRN etc) can be changed only by edition of related transaction. Any transaction can be deleted via Void Transaction page, but this is special function with its own security area setting.

Current security scheme basically allows choosing from three options: none, read or full access to any type of transaction.

Sometimes more fine grained scheme would be useful (e.g. differentiate entry/edit/delete access), but this is rather rare case, and the price would be both bigger code and difficult to maintain, much longer list of access role options.

Janusz

Thanks for your reply. I still do not understand. If I log in as accountant role, I can go to the "Journal Inquiry", I cannot click on the view button, but I can click on the edit button to edit the transactions. This is the part that I do not understand. I am looking for access rights that the user can view, but cannot edit, not the other way around. Thanks.

Maybe you have invalid settings in Accountant role access setup. When you have 'Manual journal entries' set off in your role setup you cannot edit Journal Entries.. When you have 'GL postings view' set to on - you can view GL transactions. Thats all.

If you have upgraded your system from 2.1 version, the roles are automatically imported from old settings, but as the 2.1 setup was not consistent enough, the new roles need some fine tuning in Access Setup page to be more consistent.

Janusz

thanks for the reply, you are right, the roles are screwed up, after I fix them, it works now! Great work!