Topic: Been using for 8 mths but now starting installation routine

Hi,

I installed and setup FA about 8 months ago using Docker and it's been working fine. I last used it a month ago without problem. Today when I try to access it I find it's going to the ERP Installation Wizard. When I enter the database name, user and password I get a message 'User or password is invalid or you have no permissions to create database.'. I've accessed the database on the mysql server without problem so the database name, user and password are correct. I tried setting up a new database but get the same message. Can anyone advise please? TIA

Re: Been using for 8 mths but now starting installation routine

Looks like you forgot to delete the install folder. Check if your config.php file exists, if not, restore it from your backup.

Thanks apmuthu.

I can't be sure but I thought I had originally renamed the install folder - odd that this problem has arisen after 8 months of use. The config.php file does not exist now in my docker container. I had not taken any backups of the docker container.

I had taken numerous backups within FrontAccounting but how do I access them? I cannot get past the initial ERP Installation Wizard screen - when I enter the database name, user and password I get a message 'User or password is invalid or you have no permissions to create database.' - yet when I access the database from mysql my credentials are accepted. I'm relatively new to docker containers, linux, and mysql so any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Any updates would have revived the presence of install folder.

Seems like your database is exist. Only the connectivity problem happens.

If that's docker installed you can check php-MySql missing to work . But directly you are accessing database that works.

Copy the database and program files to other server and try configure it again and check it

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.
My docker version of FrontAccounting, above, had been running on my NAS running Openmediavault on Debian Linux. This suddenly went into install mode, possibly as a result of an update as suggested by apmuthu. I didn't have a backup of its container so I had no access to config.php.  But before this problem appeared I had been experimenting with a Windows version of Docker using FrontAccounting. And had backed up some sql data from the Linux version of FrontAccounting and rstored it to the Windows version. So from the Windows version of FrontAccounting I copied config.php and config_db.php to the Linux version and that did the trick, I now have access.
Next I need to backup the Linux version in case this happens again. Can anyone advise how I backup both the FrontAccounting container and its associated MySQL container please?

Use a tar command to zip up the web folder where FA is installed. Also backup the apache conf and php.ini files. Then use phpMyAdmin or mysqldump to backup the sql dump.

Thanks for all your help and advice, Apmuthu.

The problem you have told the config.php not accessible . Which means it's removed.

Why don't you create a new config.php and config_db.php with your MySQL information. So it will resume working.

Just configurations problem for this

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes