Topic: Error reporting functionality doesnt seem to be working

I have been using Front Accounting for some time.
I rely on the import transactions functionality quite extensively.
However, I held off on upgrading from 2.4.4 for a long time, as it seemed that once I did an upgrade, I started to encounter a number of issues.

For context, my frontaccounting instances are installed on a shared hosting site, so I am high dependent on the php version as the service provider does not permit a different php version per installation.
On the same shared hosting site, I run a wordpress site that requires PHP 8.
I have used the .htaccess file to try and manage the php version, version 7.4. This seems to work. If I use the native version 8.2, frontaccounting it fails.
However, using 7.4 via .htaccess does seem to work.
The above is important as it provides context of the environment.

So, the issue I am experiencing is that when I try and use the import functionality, the functionality works as expected:
- The invoices import if the file is prepared correctly
- The import stops (when trial is not selected) when there is an error in the file
- THe file (bank payments and bank deposits) will import if the file is completed correctly

However, none of the notification functionality works. In other words:
- It does not tell me when I select the trial option is selected:
- Warning Asset and Liability with tax
- The "number" of invoices would have been successfully imported

So some how it does not seem to trigger the notification - I am not sure if this is a php issue or not
I have tried a clean install and have the same issue.

Re: Error reporting functionality doesnt seem to be working

I wanted to check if anyone else has experienced issues similar to the above, or am I the only one.

3 (edited by Xeimen 03/26/2024 06:51:26 pm)

So i have performed some further testing as follows:
1) Opened up a new remote hosting account and connected from the hosting account to the already installed database
2) I was able to then isolate when the reporting bar disappears showing the errors on the import_trransactions module.
3) The last version that I was able to get it working in was: V 2.4.9
It somehow appears that the embedded error handler trigger is not fired to present on screen.

This worked under php 7.4.
As soon as it moves to php 8, the functionality stops working or the version of FrontAccounting is moved higher than v2.4.9.
Any ideas why this may be happening?

So having performed further research:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=40378#p40378

This exact step seems to help.
I was able to get 2.4.12 to work.
V 2.4.17 does not work as yet. I am going to do some more back testing to see which version this works for

Okay - so this should be the final outcome that has managed to get the import functionality working in v2.4.17 using PHP version 7.4
The following worked:
Firstly:
You need to comment out error_reporting(E_ALL) in import_transactions.php
As per this link:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=40378#p40378

Then in order to get the direct invoicing functionality to work you need to initialise the double for prep_amount -> 0.0
As per this link:
https://frontaccounting.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=40515#p40515

Fa 2.4.4 doesnt work on PHP 8. Either you update your FA to recent 2.4.17 or you keep the 2.4.4. with PHP 5.6

suppose if you are running wordpress on the same server, create a sub domain for the FA and for that sub domain keep the version of php in 5.6 and run it there.

Seems like you are trying the same version on 2.4.4 on php 8. it wont work.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes