1 (edited by chiessu 11/13/2023 02:52:08 am)

Topic: Random timeout issue

Currently I'm on wamp 3.30 (windows) with:

PHP version = 8.0.26
MYSQL version = 8.0.31
Latest frontaccounting version

I get some random timeout issue / being returned to homescreen with 'Incorrect username / password. Please try again'

So far I have tried but it's not working so far:
- extending session.gc_maxlifetime = 1440 to higher value
- Company setup > login timeout to 86400

I'm on static ip address and wonder if anyone here can guide me on solving my error? Thanks!!!

Re: Random timeout issue

Usually the session data are stored in a temporary php storage for users to access it.

This is maximum 1440 seconds can be stored.  After that it will be cleared. If you need to keep the session alive you need to have separate session manager to handle it..

We have     custom session manager 

Which will help you to keep the session active for days and months based on your preference you can keep it alive.

Subscription service based on FA
HRM CRM POS batch Themes

Can re-validate session when it expires until logout - no need for db tables and other customisations. A cronjob to revalidate all sessions from time to time is also another option without FA code change.

Sorry I'm still kind of new to this, how do i perform a cronjob to revalidate all sessions from time to time?

I'm having the same issue.  If you can provide some guidance on how to configure a cron job to do this, I'd really appreciate it.  I know how to setup a cron job and I know the syntax, but an idea of what the cron job is supposed to do would be super helpful.

A cronjob is easily done in linux. Contact your hosting admin.