1 (edited by msuhail197 03/28/2023 12:03:21 am)

Topic: I want the Include VAT and Exclude VAT lines to not appear in quote

When I print the customer quotation the "Include VAT and Exclude VAT" lines is appear in the Tax Exempt Customer's quotation. and total and  including VAT and excluding VAT, all three lines have the same amount which is against the accounting principle. And the customer gets confused and objects.
I want the Include VAT and Exclude VAT lines to not appear in the Tax Exempt Customer's quotation.
How to solve this problem? Please guide me.

Re: I want the Include VAT and Exclude VAT lines to not appear in quote

Better if you have an example. If truly your customer is Tax Exempt in the system then these should not appear on the quote.
Try Setup->Company Setup->Put alternative Tax Include on Docs    (unticked)
It might help you.

3 (edited by msuhail197 04/06/2023 05:06:05 pm)

rafat wrote:

Better if you have an example. If truly your customer is Tax Exempt in the system then these should not appear on the quote.
Try Setup->Company Setup->Put alternative Tax Include on Docs    (unticked)
It might help you.

I am grateful to you. You responded to me and intended to help me resolve my problem.
This is a sales quotation. Which is without tax. But still showing the same amount with and without VAT. Which causes confusion to the customer.

Post's attachments

TOTAL ORDER EX VAT.pdf 405.3 kb, 11 downloads since 2023-04-06 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

@msuhail197

This needs modifications to rep111 which is beyond my scope. Hope someone can help with this. I agree the narrative is confusing and there is no need for it if the customer is exempt.

5 (edited by msuhail197 04/08/2023 10:05:49 am)

rafat wrote:

@msuhail197

This needs modifications to rep111 which is beyond my scope. Hope someone can help with this. I agree the narrative is confusing and there is no need for it if the customer is exempt.

Thank you very much for your time and reply.
Founded the file "rep111". Please explain now only where and what to change in its code?

@msuhail197

I am not a php programmer at all. I can barely make sense of the code. Below is my only assessment of what could be done. Please dont take it for granted as it could all be wrong. One thing of caution here is
'tax_group_id' for exempt customers is unique to every installation. in my case its 2. In your case it could be different.

Insert after line 165 in rep111.php

if ($myrow['tax_group_id'] == 2) {
        $rep->TextCol(3, 6, _("TOTAL ORDER"), - 2);
        $rep->TextCol(6, 7,    $DisplayTotal, -2);
        $rep->NewLine();
        continue;
        } 

Please test on a test environment and advise result.

I have studied well. The same code is already there on line number 165 in rep111.php.

Its not the same code. tax_included == 0  is not the same as Tax Exempt.

Thank you very much for understanding my problem and helping me to solve it.
Yes is You are correct. There was a difference of 2 numbers. I added the same code as you suggested. But this did not change the sale order.

10 (edited by rafat 04/10/2023 07:34:16 pm)

You need to find the tax_group_id for the exempt customer. This can be done by browsing the database (with phpmyadmin for example) and displaying the content of (x_cust_branch) of the exempt customer. There you will find the tax_group_id that you will need to use in the above code. As I said mine is 2. Yours could be the same or different,

Note: You can also find the group_id from x_tax_groups table in the database.

Good luck.

11 (edited by msuhail197 04/11/2023 12:41:28 pm)

I am grateful to you.  I am sorry to say.  As per the method you mentioned, I tried to do it.  But could not do it.

Let me clarify my problem again.  So if anyone has a solution please let me know.  That is:
A customer whom we elect to be exempt from tax.  So in the sales quotation, delivery note and prepaid invoice, the sum amount tax included is also written under the excluded total.  The customer is confused.  Does anyone have a solution for this.