Topic: After upgrade to 2.4.4 duplicate references generated

Good evening,

About a week ago I upgraded from 2.3 to 2.4.4. The upgrade went without any problems.

However today I realised a problem with the automatic generation of references in bank deposits and payments. The reference generated already exists and causes an error message on saving.

If I manually increase the reference to the next free one, saving works. However the next generated reference is the same one as before which of course is still a duplicate.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Thomas

Re: After upgrade to 2.4.4 duplicate references generated

I am not seeing this problem with 2.4.4. Do you have a test company you could use to test, in order to see if the problem is unique to your company setup?

We have the same issue with reference numbers getting stuck. We upgraded to 2.4.4 around 6 months ago with no issues. But from about around November, the reference number to ledger entries got stuck at the same number (2615) so we have to keep track of the reference numbers to manually enter the next available number. I have tried to update to 2.4.6 on a copy, but the issue persists. Of course this is not a fatal failure, but it is annoying (and time consuming). Any suggestions?

There is nothing in the codebase during the Nov commits that should generally invoke such a situation. Did the hosting provider change the PHP/MySQL versions? What are your current PHP/MySQL versions? Also check if the next reference number is really the next reference number in your DB tables, if not make it accordingly.

We are hosting Frontaccounting on a PC on our local network. The PC has Linux Mint 18.3 installed. This is what is in System Diagnostics:
Versión MySQL >=4.1     Requerido     5.7.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.1     OK
Versión php >=5.0.0     Requerido     7.2.10-0ubuntu0.18.04.1     OK
Tipo de servidor Http     Información     Apache/2.4.33 (Ubuntu)     OK
So that seems to be OK:
I can see that in Configuration of Entreprise there is a possibility to set the reference numbers, and it is actually set to 2615 and with default activates. Is that where I should make a change?

UPGRADE TO 2.4.6 ISSUE MAY BE RESOLVED.

Standard recommended versions for FA 2.4.x are PHP => 5.3.x to 5.6.x , MySQL 5.0 to 5.6
Although PHP 7.x has been used too, some ini settings may need tweaking. MySQL 5.7+ will need to have zero dates and times made acceptable with strict mode being disabled.

Duplicate references generation is addressed in this post.

The solution to our problems seems to be ridiculously simple. The default in FA in our setup is 2615, i.e. four digits. But our number of entries is obviously much larger after 8 years of working. So adding a digit to e.g. 26150 solves the issue and FA starts adding +1 for each entry created. As I said, this has not been a fatal problem, but annoying. big_smile`