Topic: About Supplier item description.

I already added my item codes purchase prices and supplier item codes on the system. When i give a order to supplier, i see all my item codes and supplier codes view this link windows, but when i click the print this order link, there is a pdf file and i do not see my codes, i saw only supplier codes. it does not like that version 2.1  ( When i try to do version 2.1 i saw what i entered, my codes and supplier codes ). i already use version 2.2.1 and this function is not working.

Re: About Supplier item description.

We have decided to fix it in 2.2  as using internal codes/names often does not make sense for supplier. It was wrong in earlier versions, and now is fixed.
Primary usage of PO report is sending it to supplier, so it should state items by the names and uoms used by supplier, just to eliminate any misunderstanding. This is why we store supplier item names in purchase data table in our database.

Janusz

it is very usefully option for me. how can i use this option like old version. When i send to my po to supplier. They print my item codes (my item codes and barcodes)  on the package. They did not know my item codes like that. is there a quick fix for me.

Thank you.

If you delete purchasing data records for given supplier your internal codes and names will be printed on PO.
Another solution is to add your codes together with any description in purchasing data.

Janusz

I need my codes and suppliers codes together, because supplier need their codes for prepare my orders. Also supplier need my codes because they prepare barcodes for my item one by one. I cannot put supplier codes item description because i have 5 suppliers for one item. Is there any way to fix this problem, like file change.

Thank you for all your help

ebayram wrote:

I need my codes and suppliers codes together, because supplier need their codes for prepare my orders. Also supplier need my codes because they prepare barcodes for my item one by one.

You can put both codes  together in Purchasing Pricing option under Items and Inventory menu.

ebayram wrote:

I cannot put supplier codes item description because i have 5 suppliers for one item. Is there any way to fix this problem, like file change.

But you can. You can entry different description for every supplier at this screen. So what is the problem (beside need for entry data for every supplier here) ?

You can of course try to change report rep209.php to be more suitable for you.

Janusz

i got it point. Thank you.