Topic: Users for new company

Hello,
I have installed 2.1.5 and set up a new company.  However, when logged on in that company, when I try to access Setup/Create/Update Companies I get the message:
'The security settings on your account do not permit you to access this function'

I am logged on with administrator privileges but am only able to access this facility if I log out and then log on again into the Training Company.

How do I overcome this? I would like to remove the Training Company and use my new company as the default.

Re: Users for new company

Hello, you have just observed that you have to login as super admin (the admin for company 0) for having access to the create/update companies. The Training Co. has number 0, so you can not delete this company.

/Joe

Hello Joe, thanks for your response. 
So this means that I am forever stuck with Training Co. as one of my companies in the install? 
Is there any way to avoid this happening?
Thanks

Hi Joe,
I just found a post by you on another topic which suggested keeping Traning Co for trialling new things.  I see the logic.  Thanks

Waverider, there's nothing to stop you renaming company 0, and reloading SQL data with 0_ as a prefix if you really want to get rid of Training Company. Having said this, as mentioned above, there are benefits to keeping Training Company (namely, testing and learning).

Don't forget you need never see Training Company if your user profile is set to use a certain company as the default - it can just hang around in the background.

Personally, I run separate test and production databases because I don't want to back up training data and include it in the production backup. It's also less confusing for me when I'm in phpMyAdmin looking around.

Hi Pete and Guys

Don't forget you need never see Training Company if your user profile is set to use a certain company as the default - it can just hang around in the background.

How do we set user profile like that ?

Thanks,

Chaitanya

In Setup tab, Install/Update Companies, you can set the default company. Then this company will always be default in the listbox when logging in.

/Joe

Hi Joe,

Sorry I think I am getting wrong meaning out of the statement that

"Don't forget you need never see Training Company"

What I believe is one can deactivate a company !

Thanks,

Chaitanya