Topic: Delete customer

My boss created duplicate customers that I'm unable to delete, as they're evidently used somewhere.

I've searched quotations, sales orders, invoices... and cannot find the offending transaction.

Is there a better way to search where a customer has been used, so that I can (hopefully) delete the transaction and then the customer?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Delete customer

Try customer transactions in the sales tab. You can filter by customer.

Joe

Thank you Joe!

I get "no records".  Then, looking a bit more carefully, I noted that the system had created a branch. Deleted branch, deleted customer.

Thanks a million!

An excellent 2014 to you!

Chris

how do i delete customers with voided transactions. Each time i try to delete it says a cannot delete customer because it has transactions, but all the transactions has been voided

Its a feature.  You should open a bug report.

The reason this happens is that the voided transactions are never removed, but only zeroed out.  It may be because some of the info might be needed in an audit trail.  Or maybe it doesn't matter and the design could be changed.

I encountered a similar issue with g/l accounts.

Or simply make the customer inactive and forget about it.

how to i enable users with only sales quotations access to view customer list.

Deleting a customer in what module?  HRM?  I can't get that to delete an employee either.  But that's ok, it won't let me add an employee either. LOL.

Deleting records in an accounting system is always A BAD IDEA.  You void them, so they are available for audit.

b.popoola wrote:

how do i delete customers with voided transactions. Each time i try to delete it says a cannot delete customer because it has transactions, but all the transactions has been voided